Get In Touch With A Low Wage Teleporter



Tuesday, April 13, 2021

The HomeBrew Forum

The HomeBrew Forum


NANO brewery for sale, hand built 2K

Posted: 13 Apr 2021 06:28 PM PDT

Hi,

ex wife finally got round to clearing the remnants of me from the brew house i built in our garden. Its been 8 years since i brewed and i dont think i am ever going to be in a position to brew like this again so i have decided to sell it lock stock and barrel, i will post pictures as i get them and there is a short video tour of the big equipment, to get the kegorator out of the brew shed i have to remove the door frame, its also no longer my house so no time wasters please, i cant just...

NANO brewery for sale, hand built 2K

Maxi chiller for FV cooling

Posted: 13 Apr 2021 06:23 PM PDT

Im using a maxi 210 chiller for cooling. At present I use the agitator python pump in order to pump the glycol through my chiller. This pump is controlled from the FV controller and the Maxi looks after itself on a separate controller set at -5C (agitator does not run).

It seems to function great and much cheaper than a grainfather or SS alternative. However the Maxi python pump unit does not seem to have a massive head and the pressure is low. Could it need replacing? I seem to spend ages...

Maxi chiller for FV cooling

Covid the jab and the final stage.

Posted: 13 Apr 2021 06:15 PM PDT

SWMBO is a front line worker (carer) she has had the first jab and is now tested twice a week she also has the lateral flow test with the results showing 30 minutes after the test whenever she goes to work on the other days, there are no cases of Covid where she works and there hasn't been for quite a while.

I am hoping as a front line worker my turn will come soon my age will also help, its not often i am glad i am an old fart. :laugh8:

Anna's Brewdays

Posted: 13 Apr 2021 04:13 PM PDT

So I guess I'm rather new here so I hope it's ok to start a thread here, I think it might be more useful than the written records I keep.

Today trying a stepped starter for the first time since the packs of Lallemand diamond yeast I have are not even remotely close to the pitch rate I'm looking for the two lagers I'm looking to do this weekend. I had thought of just doing one but if I'm going to tie up my fermenting fridge for weeks at a low temperature I thought I might as well make best...

Anna's Brewdays

Prize Competition | Grainfather raffle | STARTED!!

Posted: 13 Apr 2021 03:30 PM PDT

Grainfather G30 Connect connect raffle!

65 tickets @ £10 each

Comment bellow when done and leave username in special instructions!


To comply with legal requirements, there is a quiz on the product page to test your skill :)

Good luck!!!

Hello, back to brewing !

Posted: 13 Apr 2021 03:21 PM PDT

Hello all, been brewing from kits (beer and wine) on and off for quite a few years. The kits nowadays are very good and this seems a great place for tips and info. Recently made a Woodfordes Wherry, bottled, which turned out very well and St Peters IPA likewise. I'm looking to make a Belgian Blond style next, recommendations welcome!

Uk grain only..

Posted: 13 Apr 2021 03:18 PM PDT

So in my efforts to be a better human being and lowering my carbon footprint I'm sticking to UK grain only.
Swapping my pilsner to lager and special B to dark roasted crystal.
Is there any non UK malt you couldn't do without?
Please don't mention American hops.
I could never be a good enough human to be without those😨

Show us your dog

Posted: 13 Apr 2021 03:15 PM PDT

This is the common view I have most days of my dog Cooper.

IMG_5832.JPG
IMG_6073.JPG


He's a 16 month old working cocker spaniel.

Show us your dog!!


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Kegarator Wanted.

Posted: 13 Apr 2021 02:54 PM PDT

Long shot I know but I always prefer to see if I can upcycle something rather than buy new. Looking for a kegarator, happy to collect and pay cash. Cheers 🍻

Xmas

Posted: 13 Apr 2021 02:28 PM PDT

Can anybody recommend me a christmas beer kit? Looking to get one on this month in plenty of time for christmas.

I was thinking of doubling up on the brewferm winter ale but not sure.

What hops to use

Posted: 13 Apr 2021 02:11 PM PDT

Hi all
I'm planning a brew at the weekend Northern brown ale by Greg Hughes. I have all the grain I need but I don't have the hops to hand but have plenty of others. any ideas what I can use in place?

Required hops.
Admiral
Challenger

Hops I have.
Amarillo
Bramling cross
Cascade
East Kent goldings
Endeavour
Jarrylo
Mandarina bavaria
Pacific gem
Summit
Wakatu
Bullion
Target
Fuggles
Chinook
Citra

I'm looking for a old Newcastle brown ale taste any ideas what I can use in place

Show us your cat

Posted: 13 Apr 2021 02:02 PM PDT

There's a 'show us your dog' thread but, here's one for us cat people, I did a quick search and couldn't find one of these so I hope it's not a pale imitation...

Here's my entry, her name is Lenore but she has a host of regularly changing nicknames, my personal favourite is 'Dr Pavel Lenorski PhD'.
thumbnail (36).jpeg
IMG_20190915_073642.jpg
220520 (14).jpg

Show us your glass

Posted: 13 Apr 2021 01:21 PM PDT

Hi guys so we've had show us your dog, show us your cat etc....etc I want to see what glass you folks drink out of. I'll kick off with my Dartington crystal 'Stout and Strong' a really nice glass but not cheap, really nice thin rim and a wide opening bowl giving a nice aroma whilst drinking and a balanced hold at the bottom.

Glass.jpg

Downside, I think it's too flimsy and I will probably break it whilst washing it or even worst the wife will 😬 oh well it was...

Show us your glass

Hello from foamsweetfoam!

Posted: 13 Apr 2021 01:19 PM PDT

Hello, I'm new to the forum and thought I would say my hellos!

I've been home brewing for about six months now, with varying levels of success, though nothing undrinkable so far! Based in Manchester/Trafford, so there are a few decent home brew shops a drive away but I've mostly been sourcing bits online. For equipment, I've got an electricboiler that I've been using for mash and boil, with a mesh for dunk sparging, hoping to branch out mind.

To date, I've put together an IPA, few pale...

Hello from foamsweetfoam!

Science behind the perfect glass.

Posted: 13 Apr 2021 01:00 PM PDT

Iv got a good few beer glasses, different shapes, sizes, some with the printed widgets on the bottom (if that's what you call them?). But iv got one glass, my favourite. It's a Staropramen straight handled tankard style and no matter which beer I put in, it always gives the best aesthetics, at least to what I think a pint should look like. Head retention, bubbles up the sides ect.. I can put the same beer in three different glasses and do the Pepsi challenge and all will look different. Why...

Science behind the perfect glass.

Mangrove Jacks Grapefruit IPA

Posted: 13 Apr 2021 12:50 PM PDT

Hi All,

New member looking for some guidance.

Looking to to start this kit over the weekend. Kit says to ferment for 7 days before adding the hops and bottling after a further 2-3 days.

One thing I have gleaned from this site is that longer is better so my previous kit I bottled after 3 weeks rather than the 1 week suggested by the kit.

If I do similarly with this kit, at what stage do I add the hops - after 7 days or 2-3 days before bottling?

Thanks in advance for any pointers.

Looking to buy 2 corny kegs

Posted: 13 Apr 2021 12:45 PM PDT

Will probably order reconditioned ones online tomorrow, just wondering if anyone in West/Central Scotland has any they want to sell.

0 comments:

Post a Comment


[Get] Deals On Wine Products. RSS Feeds Page #1




How To Make Wine YouTube Videos And Home Brewing Products




YouTube Channels / Beer Magazines / Beer Podcasts / Beer Blogs With Rss Feeds !