Get In Touch With A Low Wage Teleporter



Sunday, May 16, 2021

Aussie Home Brewer

Aussie Home Brewer


Bavarian Weissbier Tips

Posted: 16 May 2021 04:16 AM PDT

Guys, I'm having another crack at a Bavarian Weissbier (such as Schofferhofer, Franziskaner etc) and to date I haven't been able to get it just how I like it, so I need your help!
I like it a slightly leaning toward banana, cloudy, and a full mouthfeel. I do BIAB and usually no chill. I don't make water additions but my water is pretty good and balanced.
I was thinking of trying Mangrove Jacks M20 yeast.

What are people's thought on things such as:
  1. Yeast strain
  2. Ferment temp...

Bavarian Weissbier Tips

Re-iterated Mash

Posted: 16 May 2021 02:00 AM PDT

I recently did a Barley Wine with a 15kg grain bill. I ended up having to use all my water to mash with, leaving nothing over for sparging, so efficiency was down quite a bit. So I'm about to do an Imperial Stout, and thought this time I would try a re-iterated mash. Haven't done this before but it looks pretty straight forward.

So I divide the malt in half, mash in, then sparge to bring the volume back to the original mash in volume and then dough in the second half of the malt, then...

Re-iterated Mash

Help! I think I messed up...

Posted: 16 May 2021 01:24 AM PDT

Hi,

On 22 March I made a first batch of Bohemian pilsner.
The brewing process went well and I hit all the target numbers.
I used a WLP800 yeast.
My fermentation profile went as follow:
27-03: Fermented at 11C
31-03: Fermented at 12C
01-04: Fermented at 13C
02-04: Fermented at 14C
04-04: Decanted the beer in two fermentation drums (18 litres each)
Put back in fridge at 14C
04-04: Stepped up temperature to 18C
05-04: Decanted in two kegs of 19 litres volume
I did a bit of tasting and it...

Help! I think I messed up...

Anyone used Nano BiaBasket?

Posted: 15 May 2021 10:30 PM PDT

I've been looking at the Cheaky Peak Nano BIABasket setups they sell, the look pretty shiny but has anyone had experience using them?

I've seen lots of people using their kettles for 3V setups, but haven't seen their All in Ones in action and am curious what the punters think.

Cheers boys

0 comments:

Post a Comment


[Get] Deals On Wine Products. RSS Feeds Page #1




How To Make Wine YouTube Videos And Home Brewing Products




YouTube Channels / Beer Magazines / Beer Podcasts / Beer Blogs With Rss Feeds !