Get In Touch With A Low Wage Teleporter



Saturday, May 15, 2021

The HomeBrew Forum

The HomeBrew Forum


Hello.

Posted: 15 May 2021 08:05 PM PDT

Hello fellow brewers, great info on here glad to join the community, I love to brew and share the nectar with family and friends, also try get others interested in this great hobby.

Coopers Original Stout Review

Posted: 15 May 2021 08:01 PM PDT

By far one of my fav kits,

I brew using 1kg of med or dark spraymalt, has a vigorous fermentation that climbs out of the fermenter. Usually ready in a week to drink it is a fast session stout in my opinion, the flavours have a slight coffee taste to them but its somewhat of an easy drinker.

Would be interesting to try served by Nitrogen this is something I am hoping to mess around with.

Mark

Places to Drink, or Where have you been drinking tonight !

Posted: 15 May 2021 06:07 PM PDT

I've not noticed places that people recomend for a beer !
So as a starter i've had a few beers in the Salt Horse in edinburgh, they do burgers and theres around a dozen taps with different breweries beers. Also a bottleshop which also acted as a cafe where you could have a snack and try one of the good selection of beers (before covid) not sure when its back open or re=opened.

Morgans Beer Kits

Posted: 15 May 2021 05:36 PM PDT

Anyone tried these ..
Stockist Brew2Bottle ( A Very Good Company )
? Made by a Coopers Subsidurary ..
Husband loves Stout / Dark Ales ... & would like to know more !
Reviews welcome ...

Anna's Brewdays

Posted: 15 May 2021 04:38 PM PDT

So I guess I'm rather new here so I hope it's ok to start a thread here, I think it might be more useful than the written records I keep.

Today trying a stepped starter for the first time since the packs of Lallemand diamond yeast I have are not even remotely close to the pitch rate I'm looking for the two lagers I'm looking to do this weekend. I had thought of just doing one but if I'm going to tie up my fermenting fridge for weeks at a low temperature I thought I might as well make best...

Anna's Brewdays

Back brewing after 3 year pause!

Posted: 15 May 2021 04:20 PM PDT

Well, I'm back brewing after a pause of 3 years! Last time I touched malt was 2018.... Feels good to be at it again!

Plus, I have a brand new Posinelli mash tun!

Today's brew is a Pale Ale... Ah the smell of mashing-in...

ESB hop combinations

Posted: 15 May 2021 04:02 PM PDT

I'm planning an ESB to brew tomorrow.
My last batch was bittered with Target, later additions of EKG and Fuggles.
Recipe here




I still have stocks of all three hops plus some challenger I got to try as an alternative for early bittering addition.

Which of these hops do people recommend to complement the Challenger ? I was thinking of trying Target at 10 mins and hopstand to better understand
it's aroma/flavour profile...

ESB hop combinations

Covid the jab and the final stage.

Posted: 15 May 2021 03:53 PM PDT

SWMBO is a front line worker (carer) she has had the first jab and is now tested twice a week she also has the lateral flow test with the results showing 30 minutes after the test whenever she goes to work on the other days, there are no cases of Covid where she works and there hasn't been for quite a while.

I am hoping as a front line worker my turn will come soon my age will also help, its not often i am glad i am an old fart. :laugh8:

Mobile kegging from BKT

Posted: 15 May 2021 03:08 PM PDT

Just received my mobile kegging kit from Jonny @BrewKegTap and must commend them as everything was preassembled and there is literally nothing to do apart from disassembly so as to clean and sanitise put back together and hook up the gas.
Shall be looking forward to the warmer nights to get this in action.
PXL_20210515_171319143.jpg

All in one systems.

Posted: 15 May 2021 03:08 PM PDT

Hi all.
I know this has been covered numerous times on the forum but as technology moves on and things improve maybe opinions might change ?
Ive been brewing all-grain for a number of years now using a HLT, mash tun and boiler and have now thought about purchasing a 'all-in-one' due to me having an energetic dog that loves a good walk thro' the woods on a Saturday morning , cutting down my brew day time !
I have recently been left 'a few bob' from my late Uncle and have thought about...

All in one systems.

Wooo hooo first brew bottled

Posted: 15 May 2021 03:05 PM PDT

MJ Irish red ale bottled today, and MJ juicy session brewed 😁😎😁
also just ordered a coopers premium Irish stout. IM HOOKED😂😂😂

Headaches, shakes - hangover?

Posted: 15 May 2021 02:50 PM PDT

Hi,

I am getting terrible, splitting headaches from my brews. I had put it down to over consumption, but now I'm not so sure! Yesterday, I drank a pint of 2.7% and three pints of 4.4% homebrew. I also had a double scotch (not homebrewed!). This was all consumed over about 5 hours. I feel like if I did that in the pub, I would feel completely fine today. As it is, I've got a headache and feel *very* shaky and lethargic. Something else that seems to happen to distinguish this from a typical...

Headaches, shakes - hangover?

Hot water pump

Posted: 15 May 2021 02:39 PM PDT

I'm looking to add a hot water pump to my set up, what's everyone using, and low cost ideas cheers

12 bottle or 2 x 6 bottle kit

Posted: 15 May 2021 01:34 PM PDT

Apologies as a newbie this may appear to be a daft question

I am looking to use kits to brew 12 bottles.

If I use 2 x 6 bottle kits do I need to modify any of the ingredients or use both in one fermenting vessel all to make one brew

Converting 72 pint ale cask

Posted: 15 May 2021 12:56 PM PDT

Hi folks,

I acquired a 72 pint ale cask from a friend's wedding. They said they didn't think the brewery would return their deposit because they'd let it sit for a couple of years and so they gave it to me. I'm not quite sure what to do with it, though. On first inspection, it doesn't appear that it will be easy to clean because I can't see any opening other than the for the tap and the hole in the middle to let air in.

I'm not planning on using it as a keg, because I only brew 19L...

Converting 72 pint ale cask

e-bike and e-scooters.

Posted: 15 May 2021 12:41 PM PDT

Posting this here as i don't want to hijack the cycle thread.


Why is it legal to ride an e-bike in the U.K as long as it does not exceed 25kph (15.5mph) or have a motor which generates more than 250 Watts of power but it isn't OK to ride an e-scooter on public roads, pavements, in cycle lanes and in pedestrian-only areas?

The government wants us to go green yet they ban the use of electric scooters, crazy.


When is an e-bike not an e-bike?
E-bikes are classed as...

e-bike and e-scooters.

0 comments:

Post a Comment


[Get] Deals On Wine Products. RSS Feeds Page #1




How To Make Wine YouTube Videos And Home Brewing Products




YouTube Channels / Beer Magazines / Beer Podcasts / Beer Blogs With Rss Feeds !