Get In Touch With A Low Wage Teleporter



Friday, June 11, 2021

The HomeBrew Forum

The HomeBrew Forum


Euro 2020, who's watching?

Posted: 11 Jun 2021 02:30 PM PDT

Just settled down to watch the opening match of the 2020 (2021) tournament. I'm not a huge football fan but I do like a good international comp.

Ideal accompaniment to a good beer acheers.

Hop raffle #19

Posted: 11 Jun 2021 02:21 PM PDT

Hey guys been a while - here's another hop raffle!

20 entries - £2.50 each

good luck!! :)


Comment when done!

Brewdog culture of fear for Employees

Posted: 11 Jun 2021 02:21 PM PDT

Just seen the headlines on the BBC website, it seems that Brewdog have had a toxic attitude to its staff.

Former staff at Brewdog have alleged a "culture of fear" at the beer firm with a "toxic attitude" to junior employees.
In an open letter, signatories said a "significant number" of former staff had "suffered mental illness as a result of working at BrewDog".
They claimed that the firm was built around a "cult of...

Brewdog culture of fear for Employees

Pressure Barrel

Posted: 11 Jun 2021 01:54 PM PDT

Hi all,

I am about to decant my fully fermented IPA into my barrel about 24 hours ahead of bottling. However the barrel is a little smelly. A bit of a hoppy, sweaty, sterilise smell. Is that going to mess with the smell and taste of the beer, considering it's only going to be in it for 24 hours, while it settles and i get the bottles sterilised and ready for bottling?

The barrel's had a good wash with soapy water and sterilised, but still a bit of a pong. Maybe I give it another good wash...

Pressure Barrel

Home Brew Talk T Shirt.

Posted: 11 Jun 2021 01:50 PM PDT

I am a member of our sister site Home Brew Talk, i have just received an email with a picture of their latest T-shirt, new members may not know we had a limited number of HBF T-shirts printed recently to order (see below) i do like the black on grey HBT version..




Here is ours modelled by Labowner.

...

Home Brew Talk T Shirt.

Curry...!!

Posted: 11 Jun 2021 01:13 PM PDT

I can take no credit for this but would like to pass on the info...
YouTube...
Misty Ricardo...and follow!
I mix bits from recipes to get where I want it and add as much heat as you like. Makes "British Indian restaurant" style curries. A bit of messing about to get set up but nothing you can't find at a decent supermarket or Asian store.
This is tandoori chicken Madras..
IMG_20190531_202708.jpg

That London Porter

Posted: 11 Jun 2021 12:53 PM PDT

This is a variation on Fullers London porter that I made last December and was bloody good. The changes were mainly about using stuff I had but it really worked:

Batch Size (L): 10.0
Original Gravity (OG): 1.054
Final Gravity (FG): 1.012
Alcohol by Volume (ABV): 5.48 %
Colour (SRM): 30.9 (EBC): 60.9
Bitterness (IBU): 43.5 (Average)
Brewhouse Efficiency (%): 66

1.500 kg Pale malt (57.58%)
0.330 kg Brown Malt (12.67%)
0.170 kg Chocolate (6.53%)...

That London Porter

Stop Fermentation

Posted: 11 Jun 2021 12:37 PM PDT

Please excuse me if this a silly question, newbie here, but can I use 0.8% sodium metabisulphite as a stabiliser to my bucket of wine before finings to stop the yeast or is best to stick to the commercial tub of stabiliser .Up until now Ive just been using it to sterilise stuff, and if so how much should I add.? Sorry if its a stupid question but i'm still learning :)

Stu brü days

Posted: 11 Jun 2021 12:29 PM PDT

Thought I'd jump in and create some kind of brew log...

I'll kick off with my 14th brew of the year, a simple saison. I think the majority of the recipe influence came from Greg Hughes, if not a direct copy?

Screenshot_20210514-091641.jpg


Day 1 - mash and boil

Day starts with lugging the brew pot and other brew day equipment out of a storage cupboard.

1st job is checking the water, the KH/Alk and Calcium have slowly been rising since I first checked them, but today they both...

Stu brü days

Magnetic Drive Pumps

Posted: 11 Jun 2021 12:14 PM PDT

Just acquired a Diablo pump from Angel Home Brew. Question is, which port is which? Can't see any flow indicators etched or stamped on the housing.

Overnight mashing questions

Posted: 11 Jun 2021 12:12 PM PDT

I am thinking of doing an overnight mash
1 will it still be ok if the temp drops to low or will i get flunky flavours
2 i could leave the timer on the kettles lowest setting 900w the timer lasts for 2 hours
3 if i do above will it be ok for the rest of the night
4 forgot to add i can set mash temp
all help appreciated

WLP400 - Belgian Wit - Long ferment

Posted: 11 Jun 2021 12:05 PM PDT

Does anyone know if this yeast has a long ferment time or a K-97esque reputation for a stubborn krausen.

Ive brewed 4 wits before, and they've been some of the best beers I've brewed but I've always just used MJ M21. This is being entered to the MM/Elusive competition so I thought I'd use a liquid yeast this time

I brewed it 12 days ago, the yeast shot off like a rocket and was showing signs of activity within 5 hours of pitching. I started at 20C, bumped up to 22C after 3 days and to 23C...

WLP400 - Belgian Wit - Long ferment

Anna's Brewdays

Posted: 11 Jun 2021 11:56 AM PDT

So I guess I'm rather new here so I hope it's ok to start a thread here, I think it might be more useful than the written records I keep.

Today trying a stepped starter for the first time since the packs of Lallemand diamond yeast I have are not even remotely close to the pitch rate I'm looking for the two lagers I'm looking to do this weekend. I had thought of just doing one but if I'm going to tie up my fermenting fridge for weeks at a low temperature I thought I might as well make best...

Anna's Brewdays

Temperature Control Questions

Posted: 11 Jun 2021 11:43 AM PDT

OK. Groundwater no longer chills my beer sufficiently and we're in the thirties for an extended period.

I've got two old but working fridges, which I use for malt storage. Both have an ice compartment which is accessed via an external door (ie, it's a two door fridge) and I've got an Inkbird temperature controller.

Q1: Can I use one of these fridges or do I need to fork out and buy a larder fridge?
Q2: When setting up the controller, I press set for 3 seconds and then set the target...

Temperature Control Questions

Harlequin & Most Hops

Posted: 11 Jun 2021 11:27 AM PDT

I have purchased some to try from the MM. Anybody tried them?


Help needed

Posted: 11 Jun 2021 11:18 AM PDT

Sorry if posted in wrong section...




Looking for some labels either to buy or print myself, buy might be better as need more ink for printer.

I use labelizer or what ever it's called but limited to designs mainly for lager and spirits.

Something like inclosed picture
Screenshot_20210610-083357_Firefox.jpg

0 comments:

Post a Comment


[Get] Deals On Wine Products. RSS Feeds Page #1




How To Make Wine YouTube Videos And Home Brewing Products




YouTube Channels / Beer Magazines / Beer Podcasts / Beer Blogs With Rss Feeds !