Get In Touch With A Low Wage Teleporter



Sunday, June 20, 2021

The HomeBrew Forum

The HomeBrew Forum


Water calc??

Posted: 20 Jun 2021 06:40 PM PDT

Hello all
As Strange Steve's water calc is no longer...what's everyone using?
I've tried some others but I'm struggling to get any where near what I have been adding etc..

No covid jab

Posted: 20 Jun 2021 03:44 PM PDT

Hi all was talking to people in work today both around the 40 year old mark
And told theres not a chance in hell they will take the vaccination
Just wondering is there many more like this
I have it and I'm happy I got it

What a c*ck up

Posted: 20 Jun 2021 03:24 PM PDT

Made a MJ apple cider yesterday, placed it in a fridge that doesn't work as a fridge(no cooling) with a heating belt on the FV, connected the heating belt to what I thought was the HEAT side of the temp controller and left it at 21°C. The wife went down to make a cuppa this morning and said that there's a smell coming from where I brew? I went down to make the second cuppa and thought I'd check on the cider, I opened the fridge door and it was tropical, the temp was showing 38.6°C on the...

What a c*ck up

How many litres of home brew have you made 2021.

Posted: 20 Jun 2021 02:29 PM PDT

Last years record has been smashed was Covid part of the reason, did you make more in 2020 than you would have had covid not happened?

2020 total - 33156

2019 total - 22,170

2018 total - 15337

Bruphoria James Blonde Ale

Posted: 20 Jun 2021 02:15 PM PDT

I don't believe a review has been done yet on this Kit. I enjoy a Blonde Ale and decided to give the James Blonde Ale from The Homebrew Company a try. It is a two can kit, 3.0 kg of premium liquid malt extract with Mangrove Jacks US West Coast M44 Yeast, and I believe a mixture of Nugget, Summit and Sorachi Ace hop pellets for dry hopping. This was my 6th brew and I started it on the 06/03/21. OG =1.040 and yeast was pitched at around 23 degrees C. I was worried that fermentation had stalled...

Bruphoria James Blonde Ale

Hazy IPA clearing!

Posted: 20 Jun 2021 02:11 PM PDT

Hi guys,
Can anyone shine any light on this?
I made a Malt Miller Jon Finch NE IPA, description and ingredients below.

Description

This recipe is based on the recipe from Beer Craft by Jon Finch. Due to the rarity of being able to buy Galaxy this hop has been replaced with Cashmere.
A hazy juicy IPA, with late hop additions.

Ingredients
Crisp Pale Ale Malt (5000 grams)
Crisp Crystal Malt (300 grams)
Crisp Pale Wheat Malt (300 grams)...


Hazy IPA clearing!

Rhubarb Ale

Posted: 20 Jun 2021 01:48 PM PDT

Hi there

I'm thinking of Brewing a blonde ale but using rhubarb in place of some cops for bitterness.

Has anyone done this before?

June 2021 Competition - Dark Beers

Posted: 20 Jun 2021 01:45 PM PDT

Time to get your Dark Beers sorted for the June competition

Judging will hopefully take place around 7th July but may be over a few days if there are a lot of entries.

PM (start conversation) me for address and try to get the entries to me by the end of the month as this will allow time for them to settle before judging.

Any style of dark beer welcome. Please ensure bottle is marked with the style, ABV and your forum name.

Anyone not sure the rules see the...

June 2021 Competition - Dark Beers

Juicy Session IPA - Mangrove Jack's review

Posted: 20 Jun 2021 12:58 PM PDT

Thanks to Give away from Brew 2 Bottle I have this kit - thank you again guys. As promised bellow is a review from brewing day. Tasting in six weeks.

This is a pilot kit according to writing on the package, comes with additional hops for dry hopping and M44 US west coast yeast. Bew2Bottle threw in Malt Extract 1.2kg, sanitiser and carbonating drops.

First started with heating the kit pouch (after removing hops and yeast) and malt extract in warm water to make it easier to remove it from...

Juicy Session IPA - Mangrove Jack's review

Novatwist - where am I going wrong?

Posted: 20 Jun 2021 12:44 PM PDT

I know that Novatwist are highly regarded, and frequently used. I have two difficulties though.

Firstly, I can't seem to find the suitable bottles. I have collected a range of different bottles, but none of them work. I tried three types as a test (pictures below), and they all leak.

Secondly, when it came to opening the bottles, after realising that I would kn*cker my kitchen knives pretty quickly, I have had to resort to a junior hacksaw to get the bottles open. Hacking through the...

Novatwist - where am I going wrong?

Elderflower champagne

Posted: 20 Jun 2021 12:40 PM PDT

Bottle these yesterday, prosecco bottles with 29mm crown caps, used coppers carbonation drops, 2 per bottle in five of them, 1½ in the other 3, thought I'd try a variation just to see how much fizz you get, plus although all bottles are prosecco, 3 of them had flatter bottoms than the others, not sure if it would make a difference but decided to air on the side of caution and use 1½ drops rather than 2, anyways, can do as an experiment and pass on the results to you guys.
The rest in the...

Elderflower champagne

Closed Transfer and Tapping Keg

Posted: 20 Jun 2021 12:27 PM PDT

I've just filled my third kegged batch from my all rounder and I am left with a couple of questions. Don't know if anyone can help me out. I've brewed a Pale Fire clone.

1. I don't think I was particularly efficient in use of CO2. What is the best way to set up? I attached to the out post so the beer went down the longer dip tube and didn't attach anything to the in (gas) post but just released the pressure relief valve periodically. Seemed to use a fair amount of CO2 and then I just let it...

Closed Transfer and Tapping Keg

Berkow Throws in his Lot with Labour, inerestinger and interestinger- as Alice might have put it!

Posted: 20 Jun 2021 12:25 PM PDT

So. This is a turn up for the books. I wonder what people's thoughts are on the matter. Those of us who consider it worth a passing thought, that is. I always wondered how apparent Tory - he was obliged to be Independent when he became Speaker- managed to live so cosily under the same roof as his active Labour campaigner wife. I, for one, shall be raising a glass to the lad this evening.

0 comments:

Post a Comment


[Get] Deals On Wine Products. RSS Feeds Page #1




How To Make Wine YouTube Videos And Home Brewing Products




YouTube Channels / Beer Magazines / Beer Podcasts / Beer Blogs With Rss Feeds !