Get In Touch With A Low Wage Teleporter



Saturday, July 24, 2021

Aussie Home Brewer

Aussie Home Brewer


Bottling with Kveik yeast

Posted: 24 Jul 2021 04:16 AM PDT

Hello brewers,
I have searched the forums and the internet and found varying information.

my question is - does anyone bottle their beer when using kveik yeast as the primary fermentation yeast ? (common strains from Lallemand, or such, like Voss)

I see a lot of people using kveik, but in a keg situation - I'm simply not to be trusted around a keg at home; so I bottle.

the reports are varied, some say it is the same as other yeasts, some suggest adding more priming sugar, and yet...

Bottling with Kveik yeast

O2 Cylinder

Posted: 23 Jul 2021 10:07 PM PDT

I have been having issues with my ferments taking a long time to finish (3+ weeks). I assume this is sluggish yeast. I always make 2L starters (liquid yeast) and active fermentation takes off within 24hrs, which I believe suggests I'm not under pitching. Lots of rapid airlock activity for the first 2-3 days but seems to taper off to one bubble every 3-4 seconds for weeks after. Not trusting airlock activity I also measure gravity which confirms the slow finish to fermentation. For example, a...

O2 Cylinder

2 x Fermenting fridges with 25L fermenters. SE Melbs

Posted: 23 Jul 2021 08:52 PM PDT

I have 2 x fermenting fridges for sale. Both fridges come with 25L drum fermenters and airlocks.

The fridges chill to zero degrees no problem. I've brewed dozens of beers in these fridges without issue.

The 25L fermenters are the largest that'll fit into these fridges. Also, corny kegs won't fit as they're too tall.

These fridges can sit on top of each other and take up very little room in the garage.

I'm selling due to upgrading to Fermzilla fermenters.

Take them both away for $50...

2 x Fermenting fridges with 25L fermenters. SE Melbs

ACT HB Championships

Posted: 23 Jul 2021 05:36 PM PDT

0 comments:

Post a Comment


[Get] Deals On Wine Products. RSS Feeds Page #1




How To Make Wine YouTube Videos And Home Brewing Products




YouTube Channels / Beer Magazines / Beer Podcasts / Beer Blogs With Rss Feeds !