Get In Touch With A Low Wage Teleporter



Monday, July 26, 2021

The HomeBrew Forum

The HomeBrew Forum


brewing kettle .

Posted: 26 Jul 2021 05:27 PM PDT

Can anyone recommend me a Brewing kettle around 30L ? I want to use it on my gas cooker and i would like it to include a tap and hop filter .

Brewers Gold

Posted: 26 Jul 2021 05:09 PM PDT

Well I was planning a smash with First Gold however somehow got this mixed up with Brewers Gold which I understand is primarily used a bittering hop. I'm curious if any one has used it in a smash or if I'm better off abandoning the idea and just using it for a first addition and using Styrian Golding or Bramling Cross for aroma (both of which I have in the freezer).

Water calc??

Posted: 26 Jul 2021 03:41 PM PDT

Hello all
As Strange Steve's water calc is no longer...what's everyone using?
I've tried some others but I'm struggling to get any where near what I have been adding etc..

Inkbird itc 308 wifi

Posted: 26 Jul 2021 03:20 PM PDT

I have recently bought the above temperature controller and installed it in my brew fridge, I watched a setup video on YouTube and it seems to be working ok I have it set at 20 degs c which seems to be controlling ok with a small swing in the temperature of just under 1 deg c is this normal, these are the parameters I have set do they look ok

Recirculate during mash?

Posted: 26 Jul 2021 03:14 PM PDT

Hi, Quick question from a newbie: During the mash stage do I recirculate the liquid? I'm using a 35L Brewzilla that came with a recirculation pipe.
Thanks

Worthwhile visit to my local brewery this afternoon

Posted: 26 Jul 2021 03:13 PM PDT

It's only a small concern, their website only mentions 'opening times', so I assumed there'd be a shop of some sort...

I poked my head round an open door. Piles of 25 kg malt of all types on the floor, large fermentors, piping... There was a guy there. I said, can you sell me some beer? Aye, ask in the office.

Anyway I walked away with an assortment of beers, principally the Pudding Shop Milk Stout, which I know is very nice. For twenty quid. I was pleased to see that most of their beers...

Worthwhile visit to my local brewery this afternoon

PilgrimHudds Brewdays

Posted: 26 Jul 2021 02:35 PM PDT

Thought i'd bring all my brewdays together in one thread.

Had a day off today and because Foxbats Mainline beer seems to have been the most popular amongst my friends, alongside GH's Paterbeir I thought I would brew it again.

Looking for somewhere between 17-20l for the FV and am still finding my way around my cygnet water boiler so using fag packet maths I used

300og Maris Otter
120g Caramalt
40g Chocolate Wheat
100g Crystal that I found at the bottom of the box and decided to get...

PilgrimHudds Brewdays

Grainfather Electric Grain mill

Posted: 26 Jul 2021 02:35 PM PDT

Just been released on MaltMiller




It's not clear from the listing whether MM are including the bamboo mounting with it or if it's sold separately. The videos imply it's included but the listing looks like it's separate but they don't appear to have the board in their shop. It looks incredibly smart though, and much easier to...

Grainfather Electric Grain mill

Multiple boilers on same ring

Posted: 26 Jul 2021 02:29 PM PDT

I was considering getting another boiler in addition to my burco. I only have one 32a ring main in my garage. Would this be enough to run 2 x 2.4kw boilers or will I need to run an extension from the house from a different ring ?

Keg dispense setup

Posted: 26 Jul 2021 02:08 PM PDT

Hi can someone suggest the best/most cost effective way of setting up a dual corny keg system...or if there is a thread out there then chuck me in that direction? athumb..

Muntons v Youngs beer enhancer

Posted: 26 Jul 2021 02:03 PM PDT

hi

Up to now I have been using brewing sugar. I am about to try cheshire homebrew mods for wilko weiss beer kit. This includes using a beer enhancer and i just wondered what the difference is between the muntons and the youngs beer enhancers - which one is the best ?
thanks
jig

Competition schedule 2021

Posted: 26 Jul 2021 01:58 PM PDT

Here's the new schedule for the new year. same as last year unless there's any objections. Who's judging?

January 2021 - American Pale Ales - @phildo79

February 2021 - Dark Beers - @xozzx

March 2021 - Freestyle - @pilgrimhudd

April 2021- lager/kolsch/pseudo lager to include European and American styles - @jceg316

May 2021 - American Pale Ales - @Leon103

June 2021 - Dark Beers -...

Competition schedule 2021

So who's growing chillies 2021?

Posted: 26 Jul 2021 01:31 PM PDT

I am! But then I do every year 🙂.

It's always tough to select what to grow but I've got Dorset Naga, Michael's Magic, Turtle Claw, Jamaican Jerk (all capsicum chinense), Tropical Orange (capsicum pubescens), and Madre Vieja (capsicum baccatum) in the propagator with reasonable germination so far.

I'll get my capsicum annuum sown at the start of March (they don't need so long a growing season) but haven't quite decided what I'll grow yet.

What are you growing / will you grow this year?

Covid the jab and the final stage.

Posted: 26 Jul 2021 01:30 PM PDT

SWMBO is a front line worker (carer) she has had the first jab and is now tested twice a week she also has the lateral flow test with the results showing 30 minutes after the test whenever she goes to work on the other days, there are no cases of Covid where she works and there hasn't been for quite a while.

I am hoping as a front line worker my turn will come soon my age will also help, its not often i am glad i am an old fart. :laugh8:

Ritchies Beaverdale Wine Kits - Does anyone know?

Posted: 26 Jul 2021 01:17 PM PDT

I have made half a dozen batches of Beaverdale wine (30 bottle kits) over recent years. The results were very good. My kits were made by Ritchie Products Ltd.

It appears that this company no longer exists and their original ritchieproducts web address now diverts to a company called Bevie.

I'm guessing that Ritchie Products Ltd may have got into financial difficulties and possibly was bought up or cleared out by Bevie?
...

Ritchies Beaverdale Wine Kits - Does anyone know?

0 comments:

Post a Comment


[Get] Deals On Wine Products. RSS Feeds Page #1




How To Make Wine YouTube Videos And Home Brewing Products




YouTube Channels / Beer Magazines / Beer Podcasts / Beer Blogs With Rss Feeds !