Get In Touch With A Low Wage Teleporter



Saturday, August 14, 2021

The HomeBrew Forum

The HomeBrew Forum


Brewery assistant.

Posted: 14 Aug 2021 04:21 PM PDT

A dream job if you could live off £5 to £9 per hour, if they had said plus a crate of beer a month they would swing it ;)


Brewery Assistant
Lakeland Brewhouse
Ulverston LA12
Permanent


Lakeland Brewhouse (formerly Stringers Beer) is an already established, award winning brewery which has seen year on year growth of its cask...

Brewery assistant.

How many litres of home brew have you made 2021.

Posted: 14 Aug 2021 03:43 PM PDT

Last years record has been smashed was Covid part of the reason, did you make more in 2020 than you would have had covid not happened?

2020 total - 33156

2019 total - 22,170

2018 total - 15337

Have a go at simple AG

Posted: 14 Aug 2021 02:51 PM PDT

If you've made a few kits and/or extract brews, why not have a go at a simple AG brew, to see the difference it makes? A small batch of AG beer is not difficult and you will discover the difference and feel the joy and pride of making it from scratch. All you need for 5 litres is 1kg of Maris Otter, or other pale malt, a packet of hops, and a sachet of yeast. You just need a thermometer, a decent sized pan and something to strain the grain from the wort. A big sieve, or a piece of cloth in a...

Have a go at simple AG

The 'Recommend me a TV series' thread

Posted: 14 Aug 2021 02:20 PM PDT

Just one episode of series 4 of The Americans left to watch before moving on to series 5.

For anyone that hasn't seen it, it's set during the cold war and is the story of two Russian agents living a 'normal' family life in America.

The pace has never dropped over four series and I've enjoyed every episode. Brilliant TV. Oh, and Keri Russell is absolutely gorgeous, which also helps.

Which TV series would you recommend?

Yeast cropping/harvesting

Posted: 14 Aug 2021 02:20 PM PDT

I'm planning to crop the yeast from my next brew. I will be using Wyeast 1469 which I've read is a good one to crop. As this is my first attempt I'm a bit nervous about ruining my beer (I think this is unlikely but worst case scenario!) and getting enough. I'm thinking of making c.18l wort which I'm going to split into a 13l batch and a 5l batch. I will only crop the 13l batch. I suppose my questions are;
1. Will I overpitch if I put 3/4 of the yeast into the 13l and 1/4 into the 5l batch...

Yeast cropping/harvesting

pennine's brewdays

Posted: 14 Aug 2021 01:18 PM PDT

163 - summit ipa
as a gift for tying for first on the jan competition i was given a huge bag of summit. found this recipe on hbt a while back and figured to give it a shot. i had bought a pack of summit last year and was really disappointed with it, this one already smells and tastes light years better. is making me thing maybe the summit wasn't bad but was the kveik i was trying out as well?

2.00 kgHook Head Pale (5.0 EBC)74.6 %

pH of RO Water

Posted: 14 Aug 2021 12:52 PM PDT

I am sure that when I first got my RO filter I tested the output water and it was pH 6 (cheap pH meter). I have recently tried to be a bit more scientifically accurate with my water treatment and have invested in a more expensive HM pH meter. Tested my RO water yesterday and it was 4.9. Checked calibration of meter etc and all correct. I understand that RO water can have a lower pH as it absorbs CO2 from the atmosphere but I was still surprised by the result from water collected in the past...

pH of RO Water

co2 leak via regulator?

Posted: 14 Aug 2021 12:38 PM PDT

Hi All,

I carbonated my latest brew to 15psi over a couple of weeks and went away on holiday. Came back and checked 3 weeks later and the pressure had dropped to. Zero.

Gave it a blast of 40psi and speed with buffalo leak detector all over connections and seals etc but no apparent leak.

The gas was connected whilst away but switched off. Could the gas have escaped via gas line and the regulator?

Any ideas anyone?

What did you brew today?

Posted: 14 Aug 2021 12:05 PM PDT

Some people may not want to write out a full brewday report but just say what they brewed.

So what did you brew today?

I made a 'bit's and bobs stout' to use up the odds and ends of grain I had

Nicks90's Brewdays

Posted: 14 Aug 2021 12:02 PM PDT

Far too many of my brew posts now - so time to consolidate them all in to one thread!

AG#1 - Best Bitter

Boil Time: 30 min
Batch Size: 16 liters
Boil Size: 19 liters


FERMENTABLES:
3 kg - Maris Otter Pale (93%)
0.2 kg - Crystal 60L (4.7%)
0.1 kg - Crystal 140L (2.3%)

HOPS:
20 g - Challenger, 30 min,
10 g - East Kent Goldings, 5 min,
10 g - Fuggles, 0 min,

Ended up with OG of 1.058 so diluted with 2l to bring it down to 1.048 and ABV of 4.8%

bloody marvelous pint. Maybe a...

Nicks90's Brewdays

Gas bottle inside or outside a kegorator?

Posted: 14 Aug 2021 11:13 AM PDT

Hi all.
Almost completed my old fridge conversion. Plan to use a sodastream bottle. Got the reg and lines.
Question is.
Gas in or outside?
Any advantages or disadvantages to either.
I have a 19L and 9L keg. All new to me as i plan the first brew for kegging soon..
All advice appreciated.

Anna's Brewdays

Posted: 14 Aug 2021 10:40 AM PDT

So I guess I'm rather new here so I hope it's ok to start a thread here, I think it might be more useful than the written records I keep.

Today trying a stepped starter for the first time since the packs of Lallemand diamond yeast I have are not even remotely close to the pitch rate I'm looking for the two lagers I'm looking to do this weekend. I had thought of just doing one but if I'm going to tie up my fermenting fridge for weeks at a low temperature I thought I might as well make best...

Anna's Brewdays

Maximum fruit question

Posted: 14 Aug 2021 10:01 AM PDT

Just started getting in to all this and been trying recipes from a variety of places.

Please can someone tell me about the maximum quantity of fruit that will work in a recipe

Specifically, I see a lot of PLUM wine recipes that call for 3 - 4lbs of plums for a gallon of wine but could I use, for example, 8lb of plums and
still only make a gallon by reducing how much water I add?
Does too much fruit over power the yeast?
Would it need larger or smaller quantities of sugar?

In relation to...

Maximum fruit question

Cooling coil leak / Overnight cool down

Posted: 14 Aug 2021 10:00 AM PDT

Not that I have another choice but seeking reassurance.

My cooling coil has developed a leak I can't seem to fix. Google results are telling me not to panic, rack the wort and leave overnight in an airtight FV (which I have). Can someone please tell me this "should" be ok, so long as I do my utmost to not introduce anything that shouldn't be there.

FV is stainless steel not plastic which should help.

TY
Martin

0 comments:

Post a Comment


[Get] Deals On Wine Products. RSS Feeds Page #1




How To Make Wine YouTube Videos And Home Brewing Products




YouTube Channels / Beer Magazines / Beer Podcasts / Beer Blogs With Rss Feeds !