Get In Touch With A Low Wage Teleporter



Saturday, August 28, 2021

The HomeBrew Forum

The HomeBrew Forum


The greatest psychopath/ baddie ever!

Posted: 28 Aug 2021 04:48 PM PDT

From stage or screen..... I'll start
Robert Mitchum in 'The night of the hunter'
hunter.jpg

P.s
The first person to post Joe Pesci is banned.

Blow Off Tubes

Posted: 28 Aug 2021 04:18 PM PDT

What is the minimum dia tubes that will cope with an over excited fermentation?


And any thoughts on using PLA 3d printed parts in the FV - is it likely to contaminate anything ? and how would I test first ?

Driver CPC

Posted: 28 Aug 2021 03:01 PM PDT

One for the truck drivers.

We all know what a complete waste of time Driver CPC is and if you are unlucky to be self employed its £100 of your hard earned every year, its also stopping driver who have left the industry from coming back and with the current shortage of drivers that is not a good thing, if you agree please sign the petition.

I have made this a sticky as the petition doesn't close until 13 January 2022 (they have to run for 6 months)


PetitionScrap Drivers...

Driver CPC

Brewzilla false bottom hack - securing the false bottom

Posted: 28 Aug 2021 02:41 PM PDT

Its a bit of a bug bear of mine that the false bottom of the Brewzilla 35l lifts and bobs around during the boil. This lets alot of hop matter past the false bottom and makes clean up more messy, and lets alot of hop matter through and into the fermenter. Not the end of the world, but I've been looking for a simple and cheap solution for this. I had a bit of a brainwave today and wondered if anyone else has tried this hack? It struck me that a second wire malt pipe support would make the...

Brewzilla false bottom hack - securing the false bottom

Dilution of wort

Posted: 28 Aug 2021 01:34 PM PDT

Hi, can anyone offer some advice please?

My boil off volume was higher than expected and left me with 21L rather than the expected 23L of wort. I've fermented the 21L with the SG moving down from 1.048 to give me about 4.8%ABV. I really wanted about 4.3% so should have diluted the wort before fermentation.
Will it ruin the beer if I diluted at this stage before racking? Beer father provides the dilution rate required.
Thanks

Bottling a Triple NEIPA

Posted: 28 Aug 2021 01:12 PM PDT

Okay so I've made a Triple 10% New England IPA BIAB as my second brew ever. I know I know I went in at the deep end but go big or go home! I just thought I would keep a record of any change in colour and oxidation on here and if you're interested just follow along.

Ask me any questions!

The picture is an undercarbed (4days 30mins in the freezer test PET bottle) sample of the beer and my god if it stays like this for 2 weeks with a little more carbonation I'm a happy boy!

So I bought this Graham Wheeler book everybody bangs on about...

Posted: 28 Aug 2021 01:12 PM PDT

And first up: full disclaimer; I haven't read it yet. it only arrived in the post today and I've just skimmed through it.

But I see it has a great selection of recipes, which should keep me busy for years to come. But I noticed that the recipes do not suggest a yeast. So looking back to the section on yeast at the front of the book, he more or less seems to say (paraphrasing), dry yeast is a bit rubbish, but S-04 is OK for a beginner, liquid yeasts are better, but have probably been sitting...

So I bought this Graham Wheeler book everybody bangs on about...

Hop plants/rhizomes - growing report

Posted: 28 Aug 2021 12:20 PM PDT

Hey there folks.
I just started my first grow of the plants i purchased from essentially hops. At the start i have to mention that i am really pleased with the grow. The plants arrived wrapped in separate packages surrounded by moss for keeping them moist. The plants were labeled and had a instructions included clearly saying what soil to use and etc.


The rhizomes were planted on the day they arrived...

Hop plants/rhizomes - growing report

What did you brew today?

Posted: 28 Aug 2021 11:39 AM PDT

Some people may not want to write out a full brewday report but just say what they brewed.

So what did you brew today?

I made a 'bit's and bobs stout' to use up the odds and ends of grain I had

PECO EBD1 & MASH TUN FOR SALE

Posted: 28 Aug 2021 11:17 AM PDT

Since updating to my Brewzilla I no longer need my Peco boiler and mash tun.
Both have been used half a dozen times
The boiler is the more expensive one with the digital control and includes a modified SS false bottom from Geterbrewed. Also comes with a grain bag to suit. The mash tun is a simple conversion of a 28L Thermos cool box with a tap and basic bazooka NO sparge arm. I'm looking for £75. Plus whatever the postage is. I am in South Lincolnshire near to Spalding if you are local...

PECO EBD1 & MASH TUN FOR SALE

Grainfather connect controller vs Inkbird IPB-16S

Posted: 28 Aug 2021 11:13 AM PDT

Hi folks, I've had a custom BIABasket kit built by BrewBuilder and I'm currently looking into controllers.

I'm going to be running a 3kw ULWD element and was initially going to pickup an Einbrew 1V1P controller. Unfortunately this is a little too expensive at the minute.

I've read of some posters using a Grainfather connect on their custom systems and have also saw that some have used the Inkbird IPB-16S.

I understand that the GFC is only rated for a 2kw element but have seen some posters...

Grainfather connect controller vs Inkbird IPB-16S

What are you listening to tonight.

Posted: 28 Aug 2021 10:40 AM PDT

Just received POWER UP by AC/DC today and I've only played it once.What makes it special is it's the first AC/DC vinyl album i have bought in years though i did buy Roxette The Look a few weeks back.Now I find myself listening to a few so far AC/DC - POWER UP,Blow up your video : Def Leppard- Hysteria : Scorpions - World Wide Live and the night is young.....PS it's all vinyl and the quality is fantastic.

JJSH's brewdays

Posted: 28 Aug 2021 10:25 AM PDT

I thought I would start one of these posts to document my journey from kit brewer to all grain. I'm going out will also encourage me to blog more frequently.

Greenhouse heaters.

Posted: 28 Aug 2021 09:23 AM PDT

Is there a specific type of heater I should buy to work in conjunction with my fridge through an inkbird? Or will normal search results do the job? Cheers!

Is 16g co2 enough

Posted: 28 Aug 2021 09:03 AM PDT

So I've got myself a 10 litre mini keg from Darkfarm. I understand that the 16g co2 cartridge may not be enough to carbonate the whole 10L but can I still achieve force carbonation if I change the cartridge as and when they empty (I assume 2 if 1 is enough for 5l) and then reduce the pressure and pour away?

First time with force carbonation so probably over thinking it.

I plan on buying the soda stream attachment when I buy the second keg in a month or so.

0 comments:

Post a Comment


[Get] Deals On Wine Products. RSS Feeds Page #1




How To Make Wine YouTube Videos And Home Brewing Products




YouTube Channels / Beer Magazines / Beer Podcasts / Beer Blogs With Rss Feeds !