Get In Touch With A Low Wage Teleporter



Thursday, April 1, 2021

Aussie Home Brewer

Aussie Home Brewer


What are you listening to

Posted: 01 Apr 2021 05:02 AM PDT

last year we had quite a thread going on grumpies about music people are listening to and everyone had a good go at paying everyone one else out for there music.
mind you i think i copped most the flack.
no tangent i don't drive a valiant or where flannies.
(what happened to our mate tangent anyway)

anyway you all know iam a led zepplin freak.
but i can't pick a best zep tune its impossible.
but i think my vote for all time greatest tune goes to the stones for sympathy for the devil.
iam...

What are you listening to

Dry hop chux

Posted: 01 Apr 2021 04:39 AM PDT

Whats your opinion on using a sanitised chux cloth to wrap up your hops for dry hopping? Instead of going commando and dealing with floaties or using a muslin cloth or a mesh ball infuser and deal with extra cleaning, what about a chux cloth wrapped over your hops? I have a friend who does this and he also uses a sanitiesd glove to squeeze the chux and hops out before bottling to max the hoppy flavour and aroma. Would your brew taste like chux (or would it leach)or does this method work ok

"Gin" Seltzer

Posted: 01 Apr 2021 04:19 AM PDT

Has anyone used spirit essences to flavour a seltzer? I'm considering using a Strawberry gin essence, with maybe a bit extra strawberry essence but I'm not sure on the amounts required. I'd have though one bottle of essence (which makes 2.25L of gin) would be enough for the gin flavour and just needs more strawberry flavour.

Dry hopping on day 0 and pressure fermenting

Posted: 01 Apr 2021 04:14 AM PDT

Does anyone routinely dry hop on day 0, i.e. at time of yeast pitch?

Normally you wouldn't, as (biotransformation conjecture aside) the CO2 from primary fermentation is said to drive off volatile aromatic compounds in hops. However, if you're pressure fermenting, would it be expected to mitigate this significantly? There are lots of threads about dry hop timing, but few in the context of pressure fermentation.

Full disclosure: the reason I ask is that I had a magnet-related accident and my...

Dry hopping on day 0 and pressure fermenting

WLP800 yeast: What is the recommended temperature to make a starter for Bohemian lager?

Posted: 31 Mar 2021 10:33 PM PDT

Hi,
I am in the middle of making a starter for my 40 liter batch of Bohemian pils.
I added 200g of DME to a flask and topped up to two liters in total. OG is 1.028
I brought it to a gentle boil for 15 minutes and let it cool down.
Now, my question is: What should the temperature of the wort be before I add two bags of White Labs WLP800?
I know that the recommended fermentation temperature should be at 12 degrees C. So, does the starter need to be at 12 degrees C as well?
I'm confused. There...

WLP800 yeast: What is the recommended temperature to make a starter for Bohemian lager?

MillMaster v MaltZilla Mills

Posted: 31 Mar 2021 08:48 PM PDT

I need a mill. I was going to get the MaltZilla, then I found the MillMaster which looks very good. The larger, fluted rollers in the MillMaster look better to my eye than the rollers used in the MaltZilla.

Anyone care to comment on these mills or any others I may have missed.

0 comments:

Post a Comment


[Get] Deals On Wine Products. RSS Feeds Page #1




How To Make Wine YouTube Videos And Home Brewing Products




YouTube Channels / Beer Magazines / Beer Podcasts / Beer Blogs With Rss Feeds !