Get In Touch With A Low Wage Teleporter



Thursday, April 1, 2021

Aussie Home Brewer

Aussie Home Brewer


Why Were Cornflakes Made

Posted: 01 Apr 2021 08:35 PM PDT

Now this is not a joke as such .. but then again, its so hard to believe and bloody funny. You just need to enter into Google "Why were cornflakes made" the read the answer. I included the link in case for whatever reason your browser does not get the result. I wonder who of you eat far too much cornflakes!!!

More "Apply" Apple Cider

Posted: 01 Apr 2021 07:44 PM PDT

Hello Fellow Brewers and Happy Bloody Easter. For the first time I brewed an apple cider using Aldi apple juice as many before me have done. After brewing, I added 500g of lactose to sweeten it up a bit and today is "Test Day" It has only been sitting in fridge gassing up for 2 weeks but this is my findings. It doe not taste "apply" enough compared to commercial apple cider. Is there anything I can add to increase the fruit flavour or should I just go back the the tin method.
CBBE
Darren

Type 30 refill hose

Posted: 01 Apr 2021 06:28 PM PDT

Hi All.

I'm new to this forum, and fairly new to brewing, but thanks to Google and YouTube, I'm learning fast. There is, however, one thing that my Google-fu has been unable to help me with.

I plan to hire a 22Kg CO2 bottle from Supagas, and use it to recharge my 6Kg and 2.6Kg bottle as required. The price is pretty nominal - $42 for a full bottle, delivered, and $10 per month rental on the bottle. A small price to pay for not having to dash off to Springvale every time a bottle is...

Type 30 refill hose

Pilsner yeast

Posted: 01 Apr 2021 04:16 PM PDT

Hi everybody!!

I've been just using 34/70 for years and years and have actually never tried anything else.. I used to be happy with it but the past year or so I've gotten a minute weird almost off taste I think is me disliking that particular strain so have just bought a couple liquid types (WLP850 Copenhagen lager and WLP830 German Bock)


My question is, are these clean lager yeast really that different? What are your experiences?

Dry hopping on day 0 and pressure fermenting

Posted: 01 Apr 2021 03:57 PM PDT

Does anyone routinely dry hop on day 0, i.e. at time of yeast pitch?

Normally you wouldn't, as (biotransformation conjecture aside) the CO2 from primary fermentation is said to drive off volatile aromatic compounds in hops. However, if you're pressure fermenting, would it be expected to mitigate this significantly? There are lots of threads about dry hop timing, but few in the context of pressure fermentation.

Full disclosure: the reason I ask is that I had a magnet-related accident and my...

Dry hopping on day 0 and pressure fermenting

WLP800 yeast: What is the recommended temperature to make a starter for Bohemian lager?

Posted: 01 Apr 2021 03:14 PM PDT

Hi,
I am in the middle of making a starter for my 40 liter batch of Bohemian pils.
I added 200g of DME to a flask and topped up to two liters in total. OG is 1.028
I brought it to a gentle boil for 15 minutes and let it cool down.
Now, my question is: What should the temperature of the wort be before I add two bags of White Labs WLP800?
I know that the recommended fermentation temperature should be at 12 degrees C. So, does the starter need to be at 12 degrees C as well?
I'm confused. There...

WLP800 yeast: What is the recommended temperature to make a starter for Bohemian lager?

What are you listening to

Posted: 01 Apr 2021 05:02 AM PDT

last year we had quite a thread going on grumpies about music people are listening to and everyone had a good go at paying everyone one else out for there music.
mind you i think i copped most the flack.
no tangent i don't drive a valiant or where flannies.
(what happened to our mate tangent anyway)

anyway you all know iam a led zepplin freak.
but i can't pick a best zep tune its impossible.
but i think my vote for all time greatest tune goes to the stones for sympathy for the devil.
iam...

What are you listening to

0 comments:

Post a Comment


[Get] Deals On Wine Products. RSS Feeds Page #1




How To Make Wine YouTube Videos And Home Brewing Products




YouTube Channels / Beer Magazines / Beer Podcasts / Beer Blogs With Rss Feeds !