Get In Touch With A Low Wage Teleporter



Monday, April 12, 2021

Aussie Home Brewer

Aussie Home Brewer


Pinch Valves for silicon tube.

Posted: 12 Apr 2021 05:46 AM PDT

I tempted to do another brewery build but to keep everything sanitary I'd prefer to pipe up with silicon tube and nice clean pinch valves rather than ball valves on 10-15mm id silicon tube. The valves would be controlled via Craft Beer Pi.

Has anybody done this? Were did you get the valves?

All I've seen that were affordable were messy DIY things.


Atb. Aamcle

Help!! My first recipe, any advice

Posted: 12 Apr 2021 03:52 AM PDT

G'day everyone,

This is my first recipe, post and brew, and I would like to get some of this forums guidance and experience before brewing. Sorry for the long post, but I thought it best to give an idea of what I am planning. Hopefully, to stop follow on questions and guessing.

I intend to make an American Brown Ale. The general profile I am aiming for could be described as bitterness, aroma, maltiness, and gravity profiles on the lower end for an American style and higher for the...

Help!! My first recipe, any advice

WLP009 is coopers yeast?

Posted: 12 Apr 2021 01:29 AM PDT

Hey guys

So i reconditioned yeast from some coopers stubbies. I have read the forums but couldn't find an definitive answer if the coopers strain is the WLP009 Melbourne ale. I'm also under the impression that they use a different yeast for bottling from fermentation? Is this true, I'm getting an awful lot of similar traits from the recondition to the real stuff.

TL;DR
Is coopers yeast WLP009
Is bottling yeast same as fermented
What is your max attenuation with it?

I recently made a...

WLP009 is coopers yeast?

Nice Guys Brewery & Bar, Richmond (VIC)

Posted: 11 Apr 2021 10:42 PM PDT

Hi brewers. I have been busy of late and thought I would share my brew dream to open a brewpub, Nice Guys Brewery and Bar, in Richmond, Melbourne.

As background I am a scientist and most recently CEO of a private company working on Alzheimer's disease drug. I recently decided on a 'tree change' and will be opening a brew pub in Richmond (Melbourne) in mid 2019. The brewery will be called Nice Guys which is a little tongue in cheek. We have leased a premises in Victoria St Richmond and have...

Nice Guys Brewery & Bar, Richmond (VIC)

Maris otter SmAsH recipe WANTED

Posted: 11 Apr 2021 09:30 PM PDT

Hi guys,
So it's been along time since I purchased my robobrew 35l. Unfortunately due to work commitments I haven't been able to use it yet!
I have a 25kg bag of Maris otter and some cascade and mosaic hops.
Does anyone have a basic tried smash?
Cheers.

New user looking for beer gas in Melbourne

Posted: 11 Apr 2021 06:43 PM PDT

Hi all,

Long time browser of the forums but first time poster. I've been brewing pale ales quite successfully for a while now and have my methods and techniques all pretty much sorted after a few false starts and I now want to move onto a Guinness style stout but the one thing holding me back is the dispensing aspect as I just cannot find anywhere to get "Beer Gas" without having to pay bottle rental. Does anybody know where I can buy a bottle for a swap 'n' go exchange in the Melbourne area?

SA newbie

Posted: 10 Apr 2021 10:05 PM PDT

Hello everyone

Newbie to brewing. I'm interested in brewing fruit wines, meads and ciders. I'm a wife and mum to 5, and we have a small property in the
Adelaide hills. I'm into growing and raising my own food which is what lead me to this new adventure - a glut of fruit.

I've just made my first batches which were
!. cheaters plum liqueur (literally soaking plums in alcohol so I don't think it counts)
2 10 ltrs of plum wine
3-5 I tried out mead. based mainly on information from CS...

SA newbie

Beer Engine Hand Pump Sunshine Coast

Posted: 10 Apr 2021 09:40 PM PDT

Beer Engine Hand Pump Sunshine Coast
I have this unit for sale, stripped down for cleaning with photos for assembly.

My woodwork so it can be mounted on a wall or use the hidden bar bracket as normally mounted.
Also 2 types of sparklers (2 of each) that screw onto the tip of the gooseneck.
New unused Check Valve.
Also a Corny Keg Lid mounted with a ½ inch pipe to pump from the keg.

$450 for the lot
PM with phone number for more info and also on Gumtree

A nod to Crankshaft

Posted: 10 Apr 2021 09:37 PM PDT

Hello brains trust.
I brewed this a month ago and was very happy with the beer initially.
2 weeks in it lost most of its hoppy appeal.

Any suggestions on why this might be?

I put the dry hops in just after high krousen, purged with co2. Used a brewloon to capture co2 and used it for suck back at cold crash.
Full starsan keg purge with co2.

This is the most effort I have put into oxygen mitigation and the results have left me a bit bewildered.

Cheers in advance.

Ps I will be keg hopping...

A nod to Crankshaft

FS: 3V double batch system Brisbane

Posted: 10 Apr 2021 08:14 PM PDT

For sale: 3 vessel system 50L capacity single tier 1 pump. Complete system ready to go.

$350

Has been a while since last use. I've now got a Guten 30 and suits me as I'm not brewing nearly as much and don't need the volume.

So don't need this hanging around any more. Don't really know how much I should selling for and would prefer to sell as complete package.

I did have this set up with 2 pumps which was great as I never had to change hoses once started. But works just as well with 1...

FS: 3V double batch system Brisbane

bound sediment throughout wort?

Posted: 10 Apr 2021 06:55 PM PDT

Hello,

I am reasonably new to grain brewing and have done about 8 brews so far with some mixed results. This is my second batch using a clear fermenter and I have noticed something which I haven't seen before. You can see in the attached pictures, but there seems to be sediment or something all through the wort? I would expect a bit in the bottom, but it is attached to the float and line, and floating all throughout.

I brewed this yesterday using BIAB method, 60 minute mash of 4kg of...

bound sediment throughout wort?

Central Coast Homebrew Club meeting: 18th April.

Posted: 10 Apr 2021 03:46 PM PDT

This month we meet on 18th April at The Esplanade, Ettalong Beach and it's hosted by a new member, Thomas. It's from 3-5pm and you can PM me for the address.

There will be the usual beer, food etc.

Anyone in?
:cheers:

0 comments:

Post a Comment


[Get] Deals On Wine Products. RSS Feeds Page #1




How To Make Wine YouTube Videos And Home Brewing Products




YouTube Channels / Beer Magazines / Beer Podcasts / Beer Blogs With Rss Feeds !