Get In Touch With A Low Wage Teleporter



Wednesday, April 21, 2021

The HomeBrew Forum

The HomeBrew Forum


Ruined my first batch tonight

Posted: 21 Apr 2021 04:09 PM PDT

Lack of concentration I miss read the instructions and added too much sugar into beer when batch priming.

There was two amounts, 150g for larger and 85g for all other beers and I put 150g in.

Tasted it after bottling and it was like drinking sugar water. I know its meant to be sweet but Ill be shocked if the conditioning eats up much of that sugar.
Screenshot_20210421_221844.jpg

When do you start drinking a new brew?

Posted: 21 Apr 2021 04:00 PM PDT

I brewed a landlord clone 30/3 and racked to brite tank 11/4.
It's carbed up and I was planning on serving through a beer engine.
When would you think this is ready? I usually drink early but not sure I should be for this style.
Is there a rough idea, 3/4/5 weeks?
OG was 1.044.

Covid the jab and the final stage.

Posted: 21 Apr 2021 03:44 PM PDT

SWMBO is a front line worker (carer) she has had the first jab and is now tested twice a week she also has the lateral flow test with the results showing 30 minutes after the test whenever she goes to work on the other days, there are no cases of Covid where she works and there hasn't been for quite a while.

I am hoping as a front line worker my turn will come soon my age will also help, its not often i am glad i am an old fart. :laugh8:

My new favourite hop.

Posted: 21 Apr 2021 03:10 PM PDT

I knew it would be good whilst it was still fermenting but now it's ready, just about, to taste. I bittered my 23 l with 20g of EKG and split 100g of my flavouring hop into 4, adding at 15, 10, 5 mins and flameout. If you like citra, Amarillo, centennial and the like you'll go gaga for EKUANOT. Give it a try and don't blame me if you never want to drink anything else😀:beer1:

Quick starter or pitch on old yeast cake?

Posted: 21 Apr 2021 03:08 PM PDT

Hi,

I emptied my fermentor yesterday, but sealed it back up so the Nottingham yeast cake is still there.

I have a brew on now( mash is heating). If it hits target the OG should be 1.067.

the problem is I only have one packet of M44 yeast.

Will a single packet cope with 24L of 1.067 wort? Brewfather suggest I should use 3packs.

Would draining off a litre of wort ten minutes into the boil, diluting to 1.040 ish and using this to rehydrate my yeast do anything useful? It would probably be...

Quick starter or pitch on old yeast cake?

Hi from Llanelli

Posted: 21 Apr 2021 03:01 PM PDT

After a long time reading on many sites and lurking here for the last few weeks I finally took the plunge.
Got myself a BrewMonk and a couple of all grain kits from GeterBrewed and hoping to have my first brew day tomorrow.

Football.

Posted: 21 Apr 2021 03:00 PM PDT

It has been said the super League was set up to save football as the young ones have little interest in watching and while I have no figures to back this up I do know my son and his friends which are all in their late teens early twenties have no interest whatsoever the super League may not have been the way forward and was handled badly but are they going to have to change the current set up to get new supporters watching?

Pre built pid temperature controller

Posted: 21 Apr 2021 02:57 PM PDT

Does anyone know of a company that sells these pre built or could anyone build me 1 if so how much would i be looking at.

Tia Al

iSpindel - low cost data logging/display gadget

Posted: 21 Apr 2021 02:56 PM PDT

This one - Repetidor iSpindel con Display Oled - (in Spanish, use Google translate)

Is anyone else using one please?

It's like the iSpindel Opensource, runs on adapted Brewpiless firmware. It powers via USB C, includes a display of all of the iSpindles instantaneous data and acts as a repeater access point, to relay data from the iSpindel. to your wifi router, or it can stand alone just displaying...

iSpindel - low cost data logging/display gadget

How many litres of home brew have you made 2021.

Posted: 21 Apr 2021 02:50 PM PDT

Last years record has been smashed was Covid part of the reason, did you make more in 2020 than you would have had covid not happened?

2020 total - 33156

2019 total - 22,170

2018 total - 15337

Greetings from a homebrewer in Jersey, CI

Posted: 21 Apr 2021 02:34 PM PDT

Hi all,

Thought I'd join up so I had access to some good advice on homebrewing techniques, hints, hacks and tips.

I've been brewing for around 6 or 7 years, started off with kits and quickly progressed onto all grain brewing using DIY/converted kit and have mostly had pretty good success with beer/ale brewing. Nothing award winning you understand, but good enough that most people that try it are surprised that I made it with positive feedback.

I've very recently made the leap and treated...

Greetings from a homebrewer in Jersey, CI

Hello from South Wales

Posted: 21 Apr 2021 02:14 PM PDT

Afternoon all,

I've made a few posts, so I thought it was bad form not to introduce myself.

I've just started on beer kits, and I am on my third kit. Motivated by the wish to make something for myself and the minimum unit pricing for alcohol in Wales making supermarket stuff more expensive, so homebrew works out well as an experiment.

The first was dreadful, did literally everything wrong.

Second one is quite nice, forgot to take a OG reading, so I have no idea how strong it is, apart...

Hello from South Wales

Muntons premium gold yeast

Posted: 21 Apr 2021 02:04 PM PDT

Has anyone used this
IMG_20210418_001344.jpg

I'm making a Northern brown ale today and I have this yeast I got a few weeks back as a just incase. Would it be any good or is it worth me going and getting a safal s04. No brew shops near by so it would have to be boyes or wilkos.
Any reviews or thoughts welcome

iSpindels

Posted: 21 Apr 2021 01:57 PM PDT

Selling some iSpindel devices that I've built while trying to fend off the boredom of lockdown and home working!
These are on the Cherry Phillip 4.0 boards, and loaded with the latest firmware 6.3.1 (happy to say that I contributed a couple of small changes to the release despite not been a dev!).
I'm including a genuine samsung 25R battery, UK-sourced and not fake!
I've put a few on ebay, but have agreed with Admin that I can also offer a few here as several people have shown interest, and...

iSpindels

Quick qu on whirlpooling / hop stands using Grainfather and aeration paddle

Posted: 21 Apr 2021 01:52 PM PDT

Just wanted to get people's views on this. I'm currently brewing a NEIPA which calls for a 30-minute whirlpool with 200g of hop pellets. I'm using the Grainfather and also have the aeration paddle. Surely I can't be expected to keep the aeration paddle spinning for 30 mins with a drill! What do people do? Just use it for a few mins at the start and end of the whirlpool? Or do it for a shorter time? Also anyone have any views on the merits of using hop socks given the 200g of hops? I don't...

Quick qu on whirlpooling / hop stands using Grainfather and aeration paddle

0 comments:

Post a Comment


[Get] Deals On Wine Products. RSS Feeds Page #1




How To Make Wine YouTube Videos And Home Brewing Products




YouTube Channels / Beer Magazines / Beer Podcasts / Beer Blogs With Rss Feeds !