Get In Touch With A Low Wage Teleporter



Wednesday, May 12, 2021

The HomeBrew Forum

The HomeBrew Forum


Victorian Porter

Posted: 12 May 2021 06:11 PM PDT

Well, what did you expect! I've done Victorian Bitter, Victorian Mild, and now ....

This is actually hastily summarised from my ramblings om "Jim's" forum, but I wasn't going to miss the opportunity of possibly being scrutinised by @patto1ro if he's still nosing in on this forum (but I've already made the mistake of thinking he was a one-day fleeting visit). But even without his input, I think there's plenty of folk here that can make useful additions.

Note, this is...

Victorian Porter

Forum T-Shirt.

Posted: 12 May 2021 05:55 PM PDT

New members may not be aware that we have in the past had 4 runs of forum T-Shirts (two are pictured below) thanks to member Dan125, new forum sponsor Benfleet Brewery said he may be interested in making a run so if you would be interested please add your name to the thread.

Designs can be discussed but this predominantly to see if there is enough interest so no need to give sizes just say how many you would like if it goes ahead.


...

Forum T-Shirt.

Reiterated Mash Imperial Stout

Posted: 12 May 2021 04:39 PM PDT

Finally got back brewing after my partigyle in October, another non-standard one with a reiterated mash.

5.3 kg pale malt
400g roasted rye
400g chocolate malt
300g medium crystal
300g Simpsons DRC
500g "Black Invert"

Split this in half, first mash at 67c for a hour then sparged up to pre-boil volume, mashed the second half at 67c for about 2.5 hrs then mashed out and sparged enough to hit 22L pre-boil. Mash/Lauter efficiency was good at 78% and I had 22L of 1.073 which was 4 points above...

Reiterated Mash Imperial Stout

Galloping carbonation from MJ M36 yeast

Posted: 12 May 2021 04:33 PM PDT

Does anyone else get this from Mangrove Jack's M36?

I added a quite heavy dose of white sugar for carbonating a batch of Cascade APA and a batch of Bramling Cross bitter. 170ish grams of sugar per 22l batch. I've carbonated at those levels and higher before with dunkelweizen, AIPA and Saison, but I've never had a batch like these two. Both started off quite well carbonated - let's call it fizzy. Now every is a "frother" (though definitely not a gusher) after 8 weeks or so in the bottle...

Galloping carbonation from MJ M36 yeast

How many litres of home brew have you made 2021.

Posted: 12 May 2021 04:31 PM PDT

Last years record has been smashed was Covid part of the reason, did you make more in 2020 than you would have had covid not happened?

2020 total - 33156

2019 total - 22,170

2018 total - 15337

Your next brew ?

Posted: 12 May 2021 04:27 PM PDT

All
Im just wondering what people are brewing ?
I've a pilsner, stout, Hazy IPA, Red Ale that im brewing regularly and are tasting ok.
Not sure what to try next

Blichman beer gun 2 advice

Posted: 12 May 2021 03:47 PM PDT

Finally after 3 years sitting in a box I'm going to use this for the first time. After reading instructions and viewing videos Im still a bit unclear on one point.

The recommended pressure for transfer is 2 to 5psi, however I have a Kölsch carbonated at 2.7 as per style so even at 0c it will be at a pressure of around 10 psi.

So question is how do you keep lager high carbonation levels with the beer gun? Is it simply a case of releasing pressure from keg down to 5psi and transferring...

Blichman beer gun 2 advice

Kegerator help

Posted: 12 May 2021 03:14 PM PDT

Currently going to tidy up my lines and have the ability to carbonate 2 kegs but where is best place to put manifold and how
I'm thinking tec7 or glue or first a piece of timber then the piece also is the nut on left hand side any use if I put it flush to the side will it hamper me
16208482767986789119264670423867.jpg

Amazon pricing error Klarstein Gärkeller Pro XL Fermenter

Posted: 12 May 2021 03:08 PM PDT


Klarstein DE has these listed at €339, Amazon UK price is showing as £199.99 plus £2.99 delivery.

I'm not quite up to brewing such large batches just yet, even so I'm tempted!

Whirlpooling with immersion chiller

Posted: 12 May 2021 02:56 PM PDT

Hi all,

Does anybody have any experience of using a coil immersion chiller in conjunction with a whirlpool fitting? Just wondering if the presence of the coil in the kettle interferes with the formation of a good trub cone?

Cheers,

Chris

Build yourself a cheap digital boiler power regulator

Posted: 12 May 2021 02:28 PM PDT

Introduction

This digital power regulator is the high power equivalent of a dimmer switch for a light. It regulates the current delivered to your heating element by performing phase-angle control on the mains sine wave. By regulating the intensity of your boil you can control your losses through boil-off, save money on the electricity needed and ultimately produce more beer from your brewday.

To build my power regulator I will use this module from ebay...

Build yourself a cheap digital boiler power regulator

Hop plants/rhizomes - growing report

Posted: 12 May 2021 02:26 PM PDT

Hey there folks.
I just started my first grow of the plants i purchased from essentially hops. At the start i have to mention that i am really pleased with the grow. The plants arrived wrapped in separate packages surrounded by moss for keeping them moist. The plants were labeled and had a instructions included clearly saying what soil to use and etc.


The rhizomes were planted on the day they arrived...

Hop plants/rhizomes - growing report

Mold on Beer

Posted: 12 May 2021 02:24 PM PDT

I moved an English Pale Ale recipe about 6 weeks ago into a fermenter and I haven't opened it or stirred it since then, mainly due to my own negligence. The beer is covered in mold, am I right that this should be binned? Or is it salvageable? Please let me know.
4DF3AAF0-2EDC-4AC9-B9FE-55EBC596E3CD.jpeg

Cooling wort

Posted: 12 May 2021 01:39 PM PDT

I have a Grainfather conical fermenter, my question is, could I just put the wort straight into that, hot, lock it down, then cool it via the water jacke and pump to pitching temperature. Then inoculate with yeast?

I wonder whether cooling with the chiller and leaving it open that long to cool is doing it any good?

Keezer insulation question

Posted: 12 May 2021 01:23 PM PDT

Hi all

I'm currently building a keezer so I can switch from bottling to kegging, and have got as far as building and attaching a collar.

I have a question; most of the time people seem to use a foil backed foam insulation board to insulate their collar, which seems like a good idea. When I was in b&q, I could only find super thick foil backed board or thin and cheap uncovered foam insulation board.

I bought the uncovered version, just wandering if anyone else has used this and if it's...

Keezer insulation question

Going Large - Today's the Day

Posted: 12 May 2021 01:20 PM PDT

I realise this is a home brew forum, but thought it might be interesting to post about my latest adventure.

Myself and a couple of associates here in Austria have been homebrewing for a while now, sharing our beers among ourselves and friends. We decided during COVID lockdown that we're going to have a go at doing something commercial. The key question is how?

We're not loaded enough to finance a craft brewery with all the equipment that entails. We also all currently have full time jobs...

Going Large - Today's the Day

0 comments:

Post a Comment


[Get] Deals On Wine Products. RSS Feeds Page #1




How To Make Wine YouTube Videos And Home Brewing Products




YouTube Channels / Beer Magazines / Beer Podcasts / Beer Blogs With Rss Feeds !