Get In Touch With A Low Wage Teleporter



Wednesday, May 26, 2021

The HomeBrew Forum

The HomeBrew Forum


Cummings testimony

Posted: 26 May 2021 06:55 PM PDT

Cummings giving his evidence to the Commons committees is extraordinary. Live coverage at :

Most of the political correspondents live-Tweeted it to some extent, Ian Dunt of Politico was perhaps the most comprehensive (albeit a bit sweary)

[URL...

Cummings testimony

Covid the jab and the final stage.

Posted: 26 May 2021 06:45 PM PDT

SWMBO is a front line worker (carer) she has had the first jab and is now tested twice a week she also has the lateral flow test with the results showing 30 minutes after the test whenever she goes to work on the other days, there are no cases of Covid where she works and there hasn't been for quite a while.

I am hoping as a front line worker my turn will come soon my age will also help, its not often i am glad i am an old fart. :laugh8:

Kegs and gas

Posted: 26 May 2021 06:14 PM PDT

i have kegged my first beer, bear in mind i have no fridge yet, the main dial is showing 50 bar and i set the psi at 20 am i in the right ball park, when i come to serve i will turn it down to 5psi, also the beer line is 3/16th i think will i need to up this to 3/8th all this is new to me and i am learning as i go

Brewdog punk IPA clone

Posted: 26 May 2021 05:43 PM PDT

A clone of Brewdog punk IPA made according to the recipe from their web site being compared with the real thing. The clone is quite a bit darker, stronger and has a much stronger hoppy flavour. Slightly harsher, with a bit more bite, but definitely the same sort of thing. Both taste pretty good!!

Places to Drink, or Where have you been drinking tonight !

Posted: 26 May 2021 05:40 PM PDT

I've not noticed places that people recomend for a beer !
So as a starter i've had a few beers in the Salt Horse in edinburgh, they do burgers and theres around a dozen taps with different breweries beers. Also a bottleshop which also acted as a cafe where you could have a snack and try one of the good selection of beers (before covid) not sure when its back open or re=opened.

Attenuation

Posted: 26 May 2021 04:37 PM PDT

I have just made my first batch of ginger beer.

Using the Brewers Friend website ABV calculator I entered my initial sg reading and my intended final sg.

The calculator has a field called: Apparent Attenuation and the value is a percentage.

How does this number relate to the final sweetness/dryness of the brew? Does it mean the lower the percentage the sweeter?

If so, what should I be aiming for, as a percentage, to have something a little sweet, but not sickly sweet?

Ta

Which is better or more accurate?

Posted: 26 May 2021 03:47 PM PDT

I just started using a refractometer. However as an experiment i took SGs with both tonight on a summer fruit TC.
I got 2 seperate readings
R 1046
H 1042

Any comments or pointers greatly recieved.

The refractometer was correctly calibrated.

Cushyno Brewdays etc..

Posted: 26 May 2021 03:14 PM PDT

It's maybe time to start my own brewday thread. Today I do my 15th all-grain brewday, and what better time to consider doing a write-up than when I'm already half way through. That'll probably be typical of how things will be around here - sporadic, messy and nonsensical.

So here goes...

It's roughly a Best Bitter by the numbers. And it's had 45 minutes in the mash tun. Time to remove the freshly poured Brown Porter (AG14), and get sparging under way.
rps20191020_191943.jpg


First...

Cushyno Brewdays etc..

Wineworks Wine kit is this normal.

Posted: 26 May 2021 03:01 PM PDT

I've just done my first wine kit, a wineworks red wine (rioja supposedly), made to 23l i got 28 bottles out of it, which came with the equipment kit, i bottled it 3 weeks ago after 2 weeks fermenting and around 10 days clearing and conditioning at 12°c. The kit had 5litres of juice and 500ml of concentrate as well as oak chips and the finings solution, I added all as instructions said and de gassed with a wand after I'd syphoned from fermenter to demijohn. I thought I'd try a bottle...

Wineworks Wine kit is this normal.

Show us your Pushbikes

Posted: 26 May 2021 02:47 PM PDT

I think, in fact I know I am not the only member here who does a bit of cycling, maybe not all as obsessed as myself but nevertheless I thought anyone with an interest could post pictures of your bikes, it doesn't have to be an £10k super bike as long as you enjoy riding it, perhaps with a little bit about it or how you enjoy cycling.
So I have a few bikes and here is a handful of them..........

First my pride and joy the Ridley Noah SL, this aero bike took me to 10 race wins last year and...

Show us your Pushbikes

First Time Kveik - any tips?

Posted: 26 May 2021 02:40 PM PDT

As per title really. I'm having a go at Vienna Lager and intend to follow a Brewfather recipe by @David Heath, but I've never used Kveik before and need to know if there's any gotchas that are likely to trip me up. Should I make a starter (nutrients? pitch time?) or just rehydrate?

On a related note, I couldn't find the Norwegian Farmhouse Kveik by Sigmund Gjernes that's recommended in the...

First Time Kveik - any tips?

Hop additions

Posted: 26 May 2021 02:10 PM PDT

Would anyone be willing to give a list of the meanings of hop additions if there is any
60 min is for bittering
Flameout is for flavours aroma maybe
But what about 45 ,30, 15 min left in boil do they have a purpose

My Australian Monster

Posted: 26 May 2021 02:07 PM PDT

Like Doctor Frankenstein I am seeking to combine and reanimate the dead!

I've posted previously that I came into possession of an out of date Coopers Australian Lager kit and was pondering what to do with it. I found some information from someone who has tried brewing old kits and reported that they are still OK to use (in my case the can itself looked in good condition) but fermentation may take longer and have a higher finishing gravity. Using it to bulk up another...


My Australian Monster

0 comments:

Post a Comment


[Get] Deals On Wine Products. RSS Feeds Page #1




How To Make Wine YouTube Videos And Home Brewing Products




YouTube Channels / Beer Magazines / Beer Podcasts / Beer Blogs With Rss Feeds !