Get In Touch With A Low Wage Teleporter



Monday, May 31, 2021

The HomeBrew Forum

The HomeBrew Forum


Covid the jab and the final stage.

Posted: 31 May 2021 10:24 PM PDT

SWMBO is a front line worker (carer) she has had the first jab and is now tested twice a week she also has the lateral flow test with the results showing 30 minutes after the test whenever she goes to work on the other days, there are no cases of Covid where she works and there hasn't been for quite a while.

I am hoping as a front line worker my turn will come soon my age will also help, its not often i am glad i am an old fart. :laugh8:

iSpindel - low cost data logging/display gadget

Posted: 31 May 2021 10:00 PM PDT

This one - Repetidor iSpindel con Display Oled - (in Spanish, use Google translate)

Is anyone else using one please?

It's like the iSpindel Opensource, runs on adapted Brewpiless firmware. It powers via USB C, includes a display of all of the iSpindles instantaneous data and acts as a repeater access point, to relay data from the iSpindel. to your wifi router, or it can stand alone just displaying...

iSpindel - low cost data logging/display gadget

The Chaos that is a Buffers Brewery brew day

Posted: 31 May 2021 09:31 PM PDT

Greetings all. Thought I'd have a go at this brew day blog thread, so here goes...

Some of you know me as a bit of a gadget freak so it should be no surprise that brew days for me are as much about playing with my brewing kit as it is about making beer. So my brewday account will include a lot about my kit including pics, so if that's not your thing, stop reading now! ashock1

As I don't have a dedicated brewing space, brewday is actually brew-two-days. Day 1 involves setting up my kit...

The Chaos that is a Buffers Brewery brew day

PilgrimHudds Brewdays

Posted: 31 May 2021 05:14 PM PDT

Thought i'd bring all my brewdays together in one thread.

Had a day off today and because Foxbats Mainline beer seems to have been the most popular amongst my friends, alongside GH's Paterbeir I thought I would brew it again.

Looking for somewhere between 17-20l for the FV and am still finding my way around my cygnet water boiler so using fag packet maths I used

300og Maris Otter
120g Caramalt
40g Chocolate Wheat
100g Crystal that I found at the bottom of the box and decided to get...

PilgrimHudds Brewdays

A few questions about kegs.

Posted: 31 May 2021 04:49 PM PDT

Hi, I haven't been brewing long but bottling the beer is getting a bit tedious so i started thinking about kegs. There's a few things I don't know though and I find the whole thing a bit little bit daunting. Some help would be appreciated.
Do I have to put priming suger in the beer before it goes in the keg or does the co2 prime it?
Does the beer have to stay as long in a keg as it does in a bottle to condition.? I've read that some beers like stouts taste better after leaving it for...

A few questions about kegs.

Have a go at simple AG

Posted: 31 May 2021 04:16 PM PDT

If you've made a few kits and/or extract brews, why not have a go at a simple AG brew, to see the difference it makes? A small batch of AG beer is not difficult and you will discover the difference and feel the joy and pride of making it from scratch. All you need for 5 litres is 1kg of Maris Otter, or other pale malt, a packet of hops, and a sachet of yeast. You just need a thermometer, a decent sized pan and something to strain the grain from the wort. A big sieve, or a piece of cloth in a...

Have a go at simple AG

Out of date Brewferm Gallia & Oranje Bock

Posted: 31 May 2021 03:41 PM PDT

Some yeast advice sought.
I have 2 kits of each of these Brewferm kits and am intending to do 23l brews. Conscious that the yeast may be past its best so was going to get some fresh stuff.
Any suggestions as to what yeast(s) should I go for?

St Peter's Honey Porter

Posted: 31 May 2021 03:33 PM PDT

Ok, not quite a reveiw yet but I picked this up from Colchester home brew yesterday and am planning on brewing it Friday evening. I'm a relative novice so watch this space...

Where to buy grain accurately weighed.

Posted: 31 May 2021 03:25 PM PDT

I was wondering if anybody had suggestions for a place to buy grain that has been accurately weighed.

My first AG order was over weight by almost half a kilo. I couldn't take some out because it's six grains mixed in the same bag. Apparently too much trouble to either weigh them properly or supply in separate bags for the client to weigh. Nice people, but not overly impressed with the service.

Yes, I know is just makes the beer stronger, and I should be grateful, but does anybody know of a...

Where to buy grain accurately weighed.

Where does the possibility of oxidation come from?

Posted: 31 May 2021 03:17 PM PDT

More specifically, when transferring from fermenter to bottles or kegs, where is the prime source of oxidation from?

My thoughts are just from the end of the tube/bottling device.

The reason I ask is that I have read somewhere that when the top is taken off the fv, O2 will go in and the possibility oxidation can be an issue.

I wonder if this is actually true, since the fermentation causes CO2 to rest on top of the beer, thus sealing it. Wouldn't it simply follow the beer down when...

Where does the possibility of oxidation come from?

What did you brew today?

Posted: 31 May 2021 03:17 PM PDT

Some people may not want to write out a full brewday report but just say what they brewed.

So what did you brew today?

I made a 'bit's and bobs stout' to use up the odds and ends of grain I had

Its too hot.

Posted: 31 May 2021 03:03 PM PDT

I know most of us hate the cold in winter but for me the heat in summer is worse, you can easily keep warm in winter but its awful being stuck in a cab all day with no aircon and slow moving traffic in the lakes, 23c predicted for tomorrow. asad.

Anna's Brewdays

Posted: 31 May 2021 02:04 PM PDT

So I guess I'm rather new here so I hope it's ok to start a thread here, I think it might be more useful than the written records I keep.

Today trying a stepped starter for the first time since the packs of Lallemand diamond yeast I have are not even remotely close to the pitch rate I'm looking for the two lagers I'm looking to do this weekend. I had thought of just doing one but if I'm going to tie up my fermenting fridge for weeks at a low temperature I thought I might as well make best...

Anna's Brewdays

0 comments:

Post a Comment


[Get] Deals On Wine Products. RSS Feeds Page #1




How To Make Wine YouTube Videos And Home Brewing Products




YouTube Channels / Beer Magazines / Beer Podcasts / Beer Blogs With Rss Feeds !