Get In Touch With A Low Wage Teleporter



Thursday, June 17, 2021

The HomeBrew Forum

The HomeBrew Forum


Dry hopping in keg

Posted: 17 Jun 2021 08:45 AM PDT

As the title says going to give this a shot to see if u can get that fresh hop whack in my pints any info on this was thinking of a split 10 litre in each keg one as is and one with maybe 50 to 75 g hop

Stuck fermentation on a Mangrove Jack's kit?

Posted: 17 Jun 2021 08:34 AM PDT

I have set off a Mangrove Jack's Brewer's series Pale Ale. It's a 1.7Kg kit to which I added a 1.2Kg pouch of light liquid malt extract. Normally I would expect that to increase the fermentation potential of the brew. The kit claims to produce a FG of 1.006 and an ABV of 4.4%.
So, I had trouble getting the brew down to 25 degrees in the summer warmth and delayed pitching the yeast overnight until I was sure it was below 25C. I was surprised that the OG was only 1.037 at most (checked with...

Stuck fermentation on a Mangrove Jack's kit?

Common word pairs.

Posted: 17 Jun 2021 08:31 AM PDT

I have seen this on another forum and its popular so will give it a go here.

It doesn't need to be beer related anything goes, it also doesn't need to match any of the words in the previous post.

I will start it with -

Kings Head (pub)

Completed AG Recipe Kits-GEB/MM

Posted: 17 Jun 2021 08:27 AM PDT

Been a bit slack with posting up my brew day activity etc since I became more active on the forum. So here's a couple of posts on Ag brew kits from Get Er Brewed which have served me pretty well. As a new AG brewer I leaned towards these kits as it takes away a bit of stress regarding recipe creation enabling you to concentrate on your methods/processes whilst getting to know your equipment...
Maybe others can recommend or give feedback on these type of kits. As I've found them to be pretty...

Completed AG Recipe Kits-GEB/MM

Bruphoria James Blonde Ale

Posted: 17 Jun 2021 08:15 AM PDT

I don't believe a review has been done yet on this Kit. I enjoy a Blonde Ale and decided to give the James Blonde Ale from The Homebrew Company a try. It is a two can kit, 3.0 kg of premium liquid malt extract with Mangrove Jacks US West Coast M44 Yeast, and I believe a mixture of Nugget, Summit and Sorachi Ace hop pellets for dry hopping. This was my 6th brew and I started it on the 06/03/21. OG =1.040 and yeast was pitched at around 23 degrees C. I was worried that fermentation had stalled...

Bruphoria James Blonde Ale

The Range MYO aipa £12-99 ��

Posted: 17 Jun 2021 08:07 AM PDT

Hi, went to pick up a MYO aipa kit from the Range & it was £12-99 at the till. Cashier said they've come down to that from £14-99. Shame they only had the 1 kit of the aipa.
So even better value 👍
Will start this next weekend once I move my Woodfordes Admiral's Reserve out of the brew fridge.

Wheat beer idea

Posted: 17 Jun 2021 07:53 AM PDT

Hello!

I'm new to brewing, i have a Bavarian wheat beer kit which started for 3 days already and everything seems to go fine until now. I have read a lot in the past weeks and i would like to try also the BIAB method for a small batch to test things.
My preferred beer always have been the Paulaner weissbier.
I would like to try something similar to this beer, but not necessary to replicate it, i think i like wheat beer (i'm also in love with bread, baking my own bread for years).
Bottom...

Wheat beer idea

Euro 2020, who's watching?

Posted: 17 Jun 2021 07:47 AM PDT

Just settled down to watch the opening match of the 2020 (2021) tournament. I'm not a huge football fan but I do like a good international comp.

Ideal accompaniment to a good beer acheers.

English pale ale recipe?

Posted: 17 Jun 2021 07:10 AM PDT

Anyone know a good English pale ale recipe?
Found a few threads online and came up with something but would be great to get some feedback. I'm still pretty unsure with how to get flavour and aroma right with the late hop editions:

Very loosely based on a Loweswater Gold recipe I found:

5L batch:
OG=1.052, FG=1.011

Maris Otter: 82%
Pilsner: 15%
Special X [131 °L]: 2%
Carafa Special I: 1% (mainly for colour)

Hops:
(Would prefer to have some Goldings or Fuggles but going with what I have...

English pale ale recipe?

CML Gretel yeast

Posted: 17 Jun 2021 06:52 AM PDT

For those that have used this yeast, does it really attenuate as much as the packet says? When I plug in 87% into the recipe generator it drys the beer out below the BJCP guidelines for the style I'm attempting to brew.

CML Voss at it’s very best

Posted: 17 Jun 2021 06:35 AM PDT

The mental yeast

Another Kegerator build

Posted: 17 Jun 2021 06:27 AM PDT

Not terribly original but I'm going to be starting my kegerator build this weekend and have a few questions that I've not found answers to in searches - well one really at the moment. I'm not an engineering expert and already realising my fridge isn't ideal as a kegerator - but I have it now and am going to make the best of it. The fridge has a freezer section on top as I was looking for dedicated hop storage space, this does mean the taps and handles need to be low enough not to project up...

Another Kegerator build

Pilsner Urquell clone - not enough diastic power in recipe?

Posted: 17 Jun 2021 06:26 AM PDT

I was/am planning to make this Plzensky Prazdroj's Pilsner Urquell clone - Brew Your Own clone of Pilsner Urquell but when I enter the grains into the Brewers Friend recipe calculator it flags up the Diastic Power as only 9 and apparently it should be >30. Should I be worried about this?

How do you attach the grainfather chiller to the tap?

Posted: 17 Jun 2021 06:25 AM PDT

Got my grainfather last night, lovely and shiny and looks the business! On looking at my kitchen tap and the adapters that came with the GF I have one that fits the thread on my tap but… if I use that and ouch the blue hose on to the adapter I fear it will be tricky as surely the pipe will get all wound up and twisted each time I use it. Just wondered if this fear is unfounded or is there another way that's better to connect to a kitchen tap?

Bass brewery when proper beer was made.

Posted: 17 Jun 2021 06:22 AM PDT

Some snaps of Bass brewery of a bygone era.
Knock off time boys and men walking out not one uncovered head. Two pics of the coopers shop
001.JPG 002.JPG 003.JPG
A view of Bass brewery showing the water tower. A bottle delivery, notice Bass had already taken over Worthington. 10,000 Hogs Heads.
004.JPG 005.JPG 007.JPG
And finally the Burton Union system
008.JPG

0 comments:

Post a Comment


[Get] Deals On Wine Products. RSS Feeds Page #1




How To Make Wine YouTube Videos And Home Brewing Products




YouTube Channels / Beer Magazines / Beer Podcasts / Beer Blogs With Rss Feeds !