Get In Touch With A Low Wage Teleporter



Thursday, June 17, 2021

The HomeBrew Forum

The HomeBrew Forum


What are you drinking tonight 2021?

Posted: 17 Jun 2021 05:20 PM PDT

Nothing for me i have work in the morning. :(

Mangrove Jacks Irish Red Ale

Posted: 17 Jun 2021 04:17 PM PDT

Just brewed this Mangrove Jacks Irish Red Ale kit, and apart from it being more black than red, it's turned out amazing, brewed down in a week with temp control and even though its only been kegged a week, it's by far the best I have produced, great depth of flavour and a really nice drink, give it a go, think you will love it

will my elderflower wine be sparkling?

Posted: 17 Jun 2021 04:13 PM PDT

Thanks for letting me join.
I made my first sparlking elderflower wine last year, it was too good to be true.
This year I have done the same but unsure whether its sparking or not. Yes I added yeast and has been fizzing in my container. I have just filled some bottles but dont really notice any fizz at all. Can I retrospectivly add yest to make it fizz so to speak? The colour already looks amazing, just like last years but I have a feeling it doesnt have the fizz I need it to have.

Thanks

Paul

Fermenter Size for Small Batch Brewing

Posted: 17 Jun 2021 04:04 PM PDT

I'm looking to try all-grain brewing - it'll take a while for me to work it out and so small all-grain kits (like the 4.5L and 11L kits from the Edinburgh Brewstore) look ideal for failing and learning quickly. Or suceeding and having some great beer!

All of my ferementaion kit at the moment is 25-30L.

If I ferment a small batch, do I need a small fermenter?

Or can I ferment 11L in a 30L fermenter without any problems?

Go-to Yeasts

Posted: 17 Jun 2021 03:58 PM PDT

I have checked the yeast stocks in my fridge and discovered that it is now time to reorder. The vast bulk of what I brew are either APA's or English ales/bitters. Normally I would stick to US-05 and either S-04, Notty and Liberty Bell for the English ales. I intend to order in bulk, either multiple sachets, or bulk packs, I could even consider culturing yeast, at a push.

So, what would people reccomend as a one off, do everything APA yeast and a one off, do everything English ale yeast? I...

Go-to Yeasts

New Limited Edition Kit Giveaway! From Love Brewing!!!

Posted: 17 Jun 2021 03:47 PM PDT

1613061344778.png
LOVEBREWING PRESENTS
-
PICK YOUR KIT GIVEAWAY

The lucky winner will be able to choose a kit from these 3 new Kits.


goose   Love Brewing.png


American Goose...

New Limited Edition Kit Giveaway! From Love Brewing!!!

30L Keykeg Attachement Advice

Posted: 17 Jun 2021 03:29 PM PDT

Hi All,

I've managed to get hold of a couple of used 30L plastic Keykegs for free. I know these are pressure rated so was thinking if/how i could re-use them.

First things first I've (eventually) removed the bag from inside the keg as it'd be a nightmare to work with. This has been done without damaging the top. I have since then used them for secondary fermentation of some big batches of wine. They are perfect for this as it's easy to get a tight seal on them with the correct size bung...

30L Keykeg Attachement Advice

bottle priming

Posted: 17 Jun 2021 03:15 PM PDT

I have asked this question b4 but i was looking through facebook posts and it was mentioned not to use normal sugar for priming as the brew take longer to carbonate, is that correct going to be bottle priming my juicy ipa soon

Breaking News - Edwin Poots is elected DUP leader

Posted: 17 Jun 2021 02:58 PM PDT

Northern Ireland Agriculture Minister Edwin Poots has been elected leader of the Democratic Unionist Party.

He succeeds Arlene Foster, who steps down as party leader on 28 May and will then leave her role as NI first minister at the end of June.
Mr Poots beat MP Sir Jeffrey Donaldson to take the top post in the party.
It is the first time in the party's 50-year history that a leadership contest has taken place.
Mr...

Breaking News - Edwin Poots is elected DUP leader

Ultra low watt density elements

Posted: 17 Jun 2021 02:55 PM PDT

Hi all

Just out of curiosity, is the Brewzilla the only budget machine to use this type of element?

Cheers Tom

Muntons Gold Contintental Pilsner - Sudden Change in Taste ?

Posted: 17 Jun 2021 02:53 PM PDT

Longish post . . . bit of a personal intro and also a problem explanation . . .

I only started home brewing a few months ago so still learning a lot and just joined this group a day or so ago.
I've have been trying a range of lager and ale kits with, as you'd expect, varying levels of success. However, I do have to say that most have been much better than I expected (home brewing has moved on a LOT since I was younger).
In particular, I'm very impressed with the Muntons kits. The Smugglers...

Muntons Gold Contintental Pilsner - Sudden Change in Taste ?

Clear wort, slow fermentation

Posted: 17 Jun 2021 01:45 PM PDT

I have noticed my last couple of batches took a long time to ferment out. The current batch using Voss kveik has been sluggish, as did a Black Sheep clone using West Yorkshire yeast.

So many variables across the two batches:
Black Sheep cloneAmarillo APA
Mash Temperature66 degC66 degC
YeastWest YorkshireVoss
Nutrientnone

Kegland digital turbo boiler reviews?

Posted: 17 Jun 2021 01:22 PM PDT

Hi, does anyone use this kit (35l option) available from Get er brewed? I've seen reviews for the Fullhorn and it looks/sounds like a great bit of kit. This one also looks good, and is slightly bigger with a digital temp control.

If anyone uses the Kegland boiler, would you recommend it? I'm stuck between these two and can't decide which one !

BKT corny kegs

Posted: 17 Jun 2021 01:04 PM PDT

Hi, does anyone know if the reconditioned corny kegs from Brew Keg Tap come with the dip tubes?

0 comments:

Post a Comment


[Get] Deals On Wine Products. RSS Feeds Page #1




How To Make Wine YouTube Videos And Home Brewing Products




YouTube Channels / Beer Magazines / Beer Podcasts / Beer Blogs With Rss Feeds !