Get In Touch With A Low Wage Teleporter



Sunday, July 11, 2021

The HomeBrew Forum

The HomeBrew Forum


How many litres of home brew have you made 2021.

Posted: 11 Jul 2021 10:39 PM PDT

Last years record has been smashed was Covid part of the reason, did you make more in 2020 than you would have had covid not happened?

2020 total - 33156

2019 total - 22,170

2018 total - 15337

Got to love Kviek

Posted: 11 Jul 2021 10:10 PM PDT

Brewed a own recipe NEIPA yesterday.
Checked in on it this morning and it's running like a beast.

It started fermenting around 6am today and is nearly at final gravity 👍
Screenshot_20210711-155714_Brewfather.jpg


Impressive!
Never fails to amaze me.

Can EV Battery Swapping Take Off In The U.S.?

Posted: 11 Jul 2021 03:47 PM PDT

San Francisco-based Ample has brought electric vehicle battery swapping to the U.S. The company was in stealth mode for seven years before launching recently with five swapping stations in the Bay Area. Uber drivers in the area are Ample's first customers.


Kegerator not cooling enough

Posted: 11 Jul 2021 03:38 PM PDT

Shorter version:

My fridge isn't getting below 12degC despite being set to #5 max cooling.

It's running constantly - every time I go in the garage it's humming away (sound of the compressor?).

I've checked the thermostat - it reads 0.1 Ohms regardless where I set the control knob. I actually bought a new one but it reads exactly the same.

Any idea what to check next, or do I just give up and get rid, and source another fridge?

Longer version:

I picked up a...

Kegerator not cooling enough

Coopers European Lager Review

Posted: 11 Jul 2021 03:23 PM PDT

July 2020 - Standard kit using 500g of LDM; 300g of Dextrose and 200g Maltodextrin. Starting SG = 1.040.
Made about 42 bottles (22 litres) at SG of 1.009; using 160g of sugar priming; was quite cloudy.
It looks nothing like the B*cks bottle.
It took a good few weeks to settle; I like it and drank it quite fast. Though I am not that fussy. Would do again I think.

Going to be busy tonight......

Posted: 11 Jul 2021 03:07 PM PDT

Only 23 minutes to go now......








Then I'll have finished my dinner and I can go out to the shed and get the tools out and start to build my kegerator
👍

Are you dehydrated?

Posted: 11 Jul 2021 02:40 PM PDT

Made me :laugh8:



1626013240539.png

Bake your first sourdough ��

Posted: 11 Jul 2021 11:58 AM PDT

Would anyone be interested in baking there first (or hundredth) sourdough loaf??
Think it could be fun for a few of us to real time produce a loaf.
I'd be happy to start with making a starter and coach you through the process to go on and bake a loaf. With loads of pics of course.
Anyone interested can tag along and show pics as we go along.
The whole project would take about two weeks.
Only bit if equipment you'll need is a cast iron pot(croc pot).
All though I've managed in a saucepan...

Bake your first sourdough 🤤

Covid the jab and the final stage.

Posted: 11 Jul 2021 11:18 AM PDT

SWMBO is a front line worker (carer) she has had the first jab and is now tested twice a week she also has the lateral flow test with the results showing 30 minutes after the test whenever she goes to work on the other days, there are no cases of Covid where she works and there hasn't been for quite a while.

I am hoping as a front line worker my turn will come soon my age will also help, its not often i am glad i am an old fart. :laugh8:

What a c*ck up

Posted: 11 Jul 2021 10:48 AM PDT

Made a MJ apple cider yesterday, placed it in a fridge that doesn't work as a fridge(no cooling) with a heating belt on the FV, connected the heating belt to what I thought was the HEAT side of the temp controller and left it at 21°C. The wife went down to make a cuppa this morning and said that there's a smell coming from where I brew? I went down to make the second cuppa and thought I'd check on the cider, I opened the fridge door and it was tropical, the temp was showing 38.6°C on the...

What a c*ck up

Parsnip Stout

Posted: 11 Jul 2021 10:20 AM PDT

It's easy! Give it a go!

No mashing required.
No temperature control required.
Simple stove-top recipe.

9 litres water (do measure this fairly exactly, half a litre out is a lot on a small batch)
Pinch calcium chloride
1/4 tsp citric acid
1.5 kg parsnips (typically come in 500 g bags in supermarkets)
350 g medium spraymalt
330 g Demerara sugar (the idea there is 3 batches out of a 1 kg bag)
50 g black malt
50 g chocolate malt
(I started off with 100 g of black, which is fine, but I've got...

Parsnip Stout

Boil pot issues

Posted: 11 Jul 2021 10:13 AM PDT

Hi all. Quick one. I am supposed to be doing a 20l all grain today, just realised my boil pot doesnt work on induction hobs and have no other way of heating the water. I have a 13l boil pot. Can i do 2 lots of 10l and add it all to one fermentor? Or is this not ideal. Dont really mind about the time it will take. Thanks in advance

0 comments:

Post a Comment


[Get] Deals On Wine Products. RSS Feeds Page #1




How To Make Wine YouTube Videos And Home Brewing Products




YouTube Channels / Beer Magazines / Beer Podcasts / Beer Blogs With Rss Feeds !