Get In Touch With A Low Wage Teleporter



Tuesday, August 24, 2021

The HomeBrew Forum

The HomeBrew Forum


Tonight being a little worse for wear i knocked up a...

Posted: 24 Aug 2021 08:22 PM PDT

Blackberrys from my garden TC.... reached for the yeasts from the fridge...
dammit

How much sugar put i into beer when i boiling

Posted: 24 Aug 2021 08:18 PM PDT

I want to add Sugar for dry beer when i boiling
I'll brew 22L(batch size) and Og of this beer is 1.061 i wish Fg would be less than 1.010
How much suagr should i put into beer?
and At what point should I add it while boiling?
Plz answer me

Sherry Making

Posted: 24 Aug 2021 08:00 PM PDT

Hello, I'm making sherry for the first time or anything like this ever. My dad made Dandelion Wine back in the 1970's in L.A. when I was a mall child 6yrs old. I'm trying to make Sweet Sherry for the first time. I have together all things needed...wine making kits, demi-johns, airlocks and other materials. At first I purchased apricots cutting, mashing the apricots, 1/2 kilo of sugar into 25ltr pail and last fermentation for 6 days. Day 7 I removed the mash, syphen into 2 demi-john...

Sherry Making

Greg Hughes recipes

Posted: 24 Aug 2021 04:15 PM PDT

I see various threads all over the place about Greg Hughes recipes. He seems to be held in high esteem and all my AG brews have been from his book so far.

Thought maybe it might be an idea to have a thread where folk can discuss a GH recipe they have brewed and give it a bit of a rating to help others (like me) select what to brew.

So I have done;

Milk Stout. I liked this one but I am loathe to offer too much of a review because it stopped at 1.030 and would not move again. I bottled it...

Greg Hughes recipes

The greatest psychopath/ baddie ever!

Posted: 24 Aug 2021 03:32 PM PDT

From stage or screen..... I'll start
Robert Mitchum in 'The night of the hunter'
hunter.jpg

P.s
The first person to post Joe Pesci is banned.

1.5 kw heating element

Posted: 24 Aug 2021 02:20 PM PDT

I want to convert a 20L stainless steel pan into an electric boiler for boiling my wort. Based on the size of my small batches there is likely to be about 14-15L in the pan. How long would it take for a 1.5 kw heating element to bring that volume to the boil and would it sustain a rolling boil for 60 minutes? The boil will start at 65C.

Collaborative Malt Group Buy - September

Posted: 24 Aug 2021 01:56 PM PDT

HOME BREW POST BOIL QUERY

Posted: 24 Aug 2021 01:54 PM PDT

Hi all, I hope everybody is doing well. I have just done my second ever home brew batch and I noticed that after the boil, when I transferred my wort to the fermenting vessel it had a few areas of oily looking patches sitting on the top of the wort. Can anybody advise what this is And is it normal ?

When my kettle was emptied, it had a look of foam, typical greenish-ish brown in colour, but it also has white foam in amounts it, I had used a whirlflock tablet for the first time so I wonder...

HOME BREW POST BOIL QUERY

R.I.P Thread.

Posted: 24 Aug 2021 01:50 PM PDT

We had a request earlier form a member asking if we could have a forum in General Discussions specifically for posts of peoples/celebrities passing (including forum members where appropriate and permission granted) it has been decided that the topic is not big enough to warrant its own forum so we have decided to make this pinned thread instead.

Could i ask members to quote the post they are answering or the thread could get a little confusing if more than one person dies in a short period...

R.I.P Thread.

Curry...!!

Posted: 24 Aug 2021 01:32 PM PDT

I can take no credit for this but would like to pass on the info...
YouTube...
Misty Ricardo...and follow!
I mix bits from recipes to get where I want it and add as much heat as you like. Makes "British Indian restaurant" style curries. A bit of messing about to get set up but nothing you can't find at a decent supermarket or Asian store.
This is tandoori chicken Madras..
IMG_20190531_202708.jpg

Brewzilla false bottom hack - securing the false bottom

Posted: 24 Aug 2021 01:31 PM PDT

Its a bit of a bug bear of mine that the false bottom of the Brewzilla 35l lifts and bobs around during the boil. This lets alot of hop matter past the false bottom and makes clean up more messy, and lets alot of hop matter through and into the fermenter. Not the end of the world, but I've been looking for a simple and cheap solution for this. I had a bit of a brainwave today and wondered if anyone else has tried this hack? It struck me that a second wire malt pipe support would make the...

Brewzilla false bottom hack - securing the false bottom

Common word pairs.

Posted: 24 Aug 2021 12:56 PM PDT

I have seen this on another forum and its popular so will give it a go here.

It doesn't need to be beer related anything goes, it also doesn't need to match any of the words in the previous post.

I will start it with -

Kings Head (pub)

Best opening song lyrics.

Posted: 24 Aug 2021 12:52 PM PDT

What do you think is the best opening song lyric?

Perhaps if you post the song/artist and let us find out the first line ourselves?

I present - Kraftwerk - Showroom Dummies. (I would hasten to add counting in the start of a song doesn't qualify. ;-) )

Is this normal (protein) ?

Posted: 24 Aug 2021 12:34 PM PDT

Hi all
Been doing AG for about 6 months now and seems (to me anyway) I'm getting way too much proteins congealing at flame out. I'm adding about 1/3 of a whirlfloc tablet at last 15min of boil. Take a look at the photos,, is this normal.
8F458277-DAA6-4DB3-A09B-014BDFC80929.jpeg
CDCC7E75-8359-43DC-BBC2-08FFEF680882.jpeg

Anyone mad enough to grow their own hops?

Posted: 24 Aug 2021 12:10 PM PDT

Hey folks.

I live in the UK and had a crazy idea to grow my own hops for brewing.

Has anyone else done this, is it a common thing? I get that it's a lot of effort to DIY, but wondered if the quality might be better?

Crazy idea or not?

Rye malt

Posted: 24 Aug 2021 11:55 AM PDT

I see that St Austell Brewery have re-branded HSD - which officially stands for 'Hick's Special Draught', but is universally known in Cornwall as 'High Speed Diesel' - as plain 'Hicks'. Available from Tesco's in bottle-conditioned form, it is a magnificent drink, and lists Rye as one of the ingredients.

Has anybody any experience with incorporating Rye malt in brewing an English Bitter, because I would be interested in hearing about it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment


[Get] Deals On Wine Products. RSS Feeds Page #1




How To Make Wine YouTube Videos And Home Brewing Products




YouTube Channels / Beer Magazines / Beer Podcasts / Beer Blogs With Rss Feeds !