Get In Touch With A Low Wage Teleporter



Sunday, August 29, 2021

The HomeBrew Forum

The HomeBrew Forum


All-in-One All Grain System - Minimum Brew Volumes

Posted: 29 Aug 2021 04:25 PM PDT

I've moved from bucket kits to small all-grain BIAB - the step up in quality is marked, but so is the step up in effort!

Time to invest in an all-in-one system.

Candidates are:

Brewzilla 3.1.1 35L
Brouland Brew Monk 30L
Grainfather G30 30L

Though cost makes the Brewzilla and Brew Monk favourites at this point!

One thing that is of particular interest is the ability to brew smaller batches - make mistakes, learn, throw away or drink - probably 11L, which would also allow the Brew Store...

All-in-One All Grain System - Minimum Brew Volumes

Time in FV

Posted: 29 Aug 2021 04:08 PM PDT

Hi - I did my first AG last week in my new BZ35l - the Malt miller Five points best,. The instructions say ferment at 19 for 14 days. I have fermented it at 19 and now after a week the gravity is now steady and down to the FG required , should i leave it another 7 days, or be impatient and rack it now ? I want to do the right thing with my first AG.

Priti Patel

Posted: 29 Aug 2021 03:49 PM PDT

I best not say what i think of her i would have to ban myself. (see pic at bottom)



Here are some tweets on the subject -
  • We create the refugees and ask others to clean up our mess is the truth.
  • That's the same country whose government prevented parents travelling with their children on the kindertransport, who made charities pay for it and then sought to deport the children afterwards.
  • We used to help refugees, but now we'd prefer it if others did.
  • The ironimeter is...

Priti Patel

Home brew Newbie - My First Setup Recommendations

Posted: 29 Aug 2021 03:03 PM PDT

Hi guys,

I've been researching home brewing for a month now and I feel ready to start considering to buy a setup. I want a lot of planning beforehand as it seems a very complex hobby. I have a few questions so I hope there will be plenty to talk about.

The first question is do I go and start with a EBIAB setup or get 3 vessel system? Seems like both can produce amazing beers but I just don't know where to start. The setup will most likely be in my cellar; it isn't a very clean place but...

Home brew Newbie - My First Setup Recommendations

PilgrimHudds Brewdays

Posted: 29 Aug 2021 02:42 PM PDT

Thought i'd bring all my brewdays together in one thread.

Had a day off today and because Foxbats Mainline beer seems to have been the most popular amongst my friends, alongside GH's Paterbeir I thought I would brew it again.

Looking for somewhere between 17-20l for the FV and am still finding my way around my cygnet water boiler so using fag packet maths I used

300og Maris Otter
120g Caramalt
40g Chocolate Wheat
100g Crystal that I found at the bottom of the box and decided to get...

PilgrimHudds Brewdays

Bonfire Toffee Stout Problem

Posted: 29 Aug 2021 01:39 PM PDT

Hi,
So I started this today as per the instructions, the OG has come out at 1040...can't be right can it if its suppose to be 6.2% and the SG is meant to be 1012?

foxbat's brewdays

Posted: 29 Aug 2021 01:36 PM PDT

I thought I might as well join the fun and post my own brewday log here in the forum. Today is an experimental bitter with the following recipe. I've never used Northdown before but Fullers use it and I very much enjoy a pint of Pride. I've also never added Chocolate malt to a bitter before but it's there in one of my favourite bitters of late: Darkstar Partridge so I'm putting the two together and doing this today:

85% Pale Malt
10% Munich Malt
3% Crystal 240 EBC
2% Low colour chocolate...

foxbat's brewdays

Hop rocket T9 dry hopping to the keg?

Posted: 29 Aug 2021 01:27 PM PDT

I'm looking at removing my T9 dry hopping in muslin bags from the FV stage. I only seem to get decent flavour when I wring the heck out of them. So I have just got an Angel hop rocket.

I intend to add 25g/30l T9's in a muslin bag with rice hulls in the rocket then CO2 purge and with pump (upstream) fill the keg?
Going to try the set up with water first to assess the trub level and flavour.

Just wondered if anyone else dry hops like this when keg filling?

CR7 return to OT

Posted: 29 Aug 2021 01:26 PM PDT

What do the football fans on here make of Ronaldo proposed return to United. The history is favourable. It worked with
Larrson
Ibrahimovic
Cavani

So why not CR7?

Tea.

Posted: 29 Aug 2021 01:25 PM PDT

The days before tea bags -

August 2021 - British Pale Ales, Bitters and Milds

Posted: 29 Aug 2021 01:07 PM PDT

Hi all

This is my first time judging so I'm really looking forward to trying everyone's beers.

I'm planning on judging on the weekend of 3rd -5th September and sharing the responsibility with @dan125.

If your new to the competitions there is a thread with the new competition rules.

PM me for my address if your planning to enter 🍺

Best Bottle and can label.

Posted: 29 Aug 2021 12:47 PM PDT

I have seen many different cans and bottled beers in the what are you drinking tonight thread that i have never seen before some like the one below are brilliant so for a bit of fun post your favourites designs here and maybe mention where you bought it/them from.


1630150636941.png

Stainless carbonation caps

Posted: 29 Aug 2021 12:35 PM PDT

Hi folks,
Continuing the clear out of stuff I don't use I have 4 stainless carbonation caps.

I use the plastic ones all the time, I must have about 20!!

They work for gas and liquid disconnects.

There are two different styles as you'll see from the pics. They seal fine, but the ones without the o-ring really do need some ptfe tape.

£20 and I'll post to uk mainland.

Collaborative Malt Group Buy - September

Posted: 29 Aug 2021 12:19 PM PDT

Blockages

Posted: 29 Aug 2021 11:43 AM PDT

Morning guys!

We have a slight blockage problem when we brew, and I wondered if you could suggest some kind of filter to put over the pump hole in the bottom of the brewzilla please?

We think it's the plate chiller that's causing the problem, as we found lots of hop junk in there last brew day, despite using the hop spider (plate chiller completely clogged). So we thought the only way we could keep using the plate chiller is by stopping as many bits getting into it. What does everyone...

Blockages

Back and brewing again in the new world.

Posted: 29 Aug 2021 11:37 AM PDT

Hi all,
Back in a better brewing frame of mind. Been quiet dealing with other health issues. Now completing my 30m2 BIAB brewery. Oh yeah, got married in Feb so life is very good.athumb.. I have been brewing and lurking, but this is the first time I feel ready to get back and visible.:hat:

0 comments:

Post a Comment


[Get] Deals On Wine Products. RSS Feeds Page #1




How To Make Wine YouTube Videos And Home Brewing Products




YouTube Channels / Beer Magazines / Beer Podcasts / Beer Blogs With Rss Feeds !