Get In Touch With A Low Wage Teleporter



Friday, August 6, 2021

The HomeBrew Forum

The HomeBrew Forum


Show us your dog

Posted: 06 Aug 2021 05:41 PM PDT

This is the common view I have most days of my dog Cooper.

IMG_5832.JPG
IMG_6073.JPG


He's a 16 month old working cocker spaniel.

Show us your dog!!


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

English kit bitter

Posted: 06 Aug 2021 05:39 PM PDT

Bottled this on the 17/7/21 couldn't resist opening one, pleased with the outcome.
IMG_20210806_192918.jpg

To pimp up or not to pimp up?

Posted: 06 Aug 2021 05:35 PM PDT

So I've just dipped my toe back into brewing, never had success with making beer but now have a lot more free time to give it the time it needs. To get back into the game the other day I started off a Wherry kit. Today I brought a Wilko IPA, I've since read reviews where its suggested to add hops etc. As it can be lacking in body or taste. It's only my 2nd brew in ages so should I just go via the instructions to get a feel for it or should I add extras?
Thanks in advance.

Leon103's brew days

Posted: 06 Aug 2021 03:11 PM PDT

I will jump on the band wagon and do one big thread for all my brews.

Today's brew was a bohemian Pilsner using the recipe from Greg Hughes' book page 94. I don't normally drink lagers but this will make a nice summer brew that I can pull out at bbq's. I decided to do have a brew (11.5l) and is my first go at a proper lager.

I won't post the recipe on here because it's in the book, I just handed everything but then decided to add an extra 500g of the malt because it was going spare...

Leon103's brew days

Christmas/Winter Ale

Posted: 06 Aug 2021 02:29 PM PDT

I was wondering how long before Chrismas/Winter would you brew a strong ale in order to give it time to mature in the bottle.

Do you have any favourite recipes (or kits) you'd recommend?

Brew off 2021 returns

Posted: 06 Aug 2021 01:30 PM PDT

The next instalment of the 4 way brew off series has been agreed.

@Leon103 @dan125 @dave_77 and myself @Hoddy will be entering into the next round of the brew off series independently judged by @beerison

The next round is simply "uk hops" that's it. No style restrictions or ABV to follow. Just Uk hops only.

Who will triumph this time. Only time will tell.

Out of date kits

Posted: 06 Aug 2021 01:09 PM PDT

I have just found 2 x kits
Geordi lager and a Geordie best bitter.
Trouble is both kits are bbe 2013 sh
IMG_20210805_084350.jpg
ould I just bin them

adding sugar to wine kits to increase ABV %

Posted: 06 Aug 2021 12:22 PM PDT

Quick question on wine expert and generally for wine kits. I've done a wine expert California Chardonnay and it's turned out a great taste. I've got an Aussie Reserv on the go. Both about 12-12.5%.
Can you add sugar at the beginning of fermentation in the same way of increasing ABV like with ales?

prefer wines at about 14%; How much is this going to upset the balance of the kit and yeast?
Wine Expert kits are more expensive and I wouldn't want to blow a whole kit

thanks

Kimosabby

Where's Messi going

Posted: 06 Aug 2021 10:48 AM PDT

Where is the great Messi off to

No covid jab

Posted: 06 Aug 2021 10:23 AM PDT

Hi all was talking to people in work today both around the 40 year old mark
And told theres not a chance in hell they will take the vaccination
Just wondering is there many more like this
I have it and I'm happy I got it

Welsh water

Posted: 06 Aug 2021 10:20 AM PDT

Hoping for some advice. I've been brewing one gallon all grain recipes for a while and have mostly been using bottled water. This appears to work fairly well with darker beers due to the levels of bicarbonate but fails with light Belgium beers and hoppy pale ales. I'm wondering if I can use the soft tap supply from Welsh Water? From their website I have the following:
HCO3 31.1
Calcium 21.3
Chloride 6
Magnesium 6.4
Sodium 4.7
Sulphate 20.5

I have purchased gypsum, Epsom salts and calcium...

Welsh water

North Brewing Sputnik

Posted: 06 Aug 2021 09:58 AM PDT

Does anyone know what hops are used in North Brewing's Sputnik?
I'm enjoying a can of it and would like to brew something similar.

0 comments:

Post a Comment


[Get] Deals On Wine Products. RSS Feeds Page #1




How To Make Wine YouTube Videos And Home Brewing Products




YouTube Channels / Beer Magazines / Beer Podcasts / Beer Blogs With Rss Feeds !