Get In Touch With A Low Wage Teleporter



Sunday, August 8, 2021

The HomeBrew Forum

The HomeBrew Forum


SMASH

Posted: 08 Aug 2021 04:52 PM PDT

Any one have a solid hop to use for a smash
One u would definitely do again or maybe one that surprises you with distinct flavour

PilgrimHudds Brewdays

Posted: 08 Aug 2021 03:38 PM PDT

Thought i'd bring all my brewdays together in one thread.

Had a day off today and because Foxbats Mainline beer seems to have been the most popular amongst my friends, alongside GH's Paterbeir I thought I would brew it again.

Looking for somewhere between 17-20l for the FV and am still finding my way around my cygnet water boiler so using fag packet maths I used

300og Maris Otter
120g Caramalt
40g Chocolate Wheat
100g Crystal that I found at the bottom of the box and decided to get...

PilgrimHudds Brewdays

pennine's brewdays

Posted: 08 Aug 2021 02:49 PM PDT

163 - summit ipa
as a gift for tying for first on the jan competition i was given a huge bag of summit. found this recipe on hbt a while back and figured to give it a shot. i had bought a pack of summit last year and was really disappointed with it, this one already smells and tastes light years better. is making me thing maybe the summit wasn't bad but was the kveik i was trying out as well?

2.00 kgHook Head Pale (5.0 EBC)74.6 %

First Lager

Posted: 08 Aug 2021 02:35 PM PDT

I'm doing a Jon Finch Pils from the Malt Miller Kit. Pils – Jon Finch | The Malt Miller

Brewed Friday. Only noticeable difference so far is that it took me ages to cool the wort from 25C which I got to with my immersion chiller to 15C which I got to in my fermentation fridge.

I'm using a Fermzilla All rounder which is what I have.

Questions are:

1. Do I need to get the beer off the trub at some stage if I'm fermenting...

First Lager

Cleaning kegs

Posted: 08 Aug 2021 02:34 PM PDT

Just finished my first corny style keg off and looking to clean it out ready for the next batch. I am trying to remove the posts to dismantle and soak in PBW overnight but they seem to be very stubborn to come off. Before I go ahead and apply some silly torque I just wanted to check the are removable and they are normal threads (anti clockwise to unscrew)?

Not sure what brand it is - I got it reconditioned. it is the type with the double O-ring seal if that helps. Hopefully the removal of...

Cleaning kegs

Lisa and Jim’s Brewday Part 1 - 7/8/21

Posted: 08 Aug 2021 02:20 PM PDT

After a disappointment as our new PH meter didn't work, we decided to carry on without it.

First off we connected the kitchen telly to the laptop, so we could see Brewfather instructions clearly.

B035F2A6-6BE5-40EF-BFBF-9CC335ACE7BE.png


Filling the Brewzilla with the mash water

85949553-4873-4A1A-B4E4-14F5BAA38B5D.jpeg


Organising the water salts (made a right mess!)

[ATTACH type="full"...

Lisa and Jim's Brewday Part 1 - 7/8/21

Wasps

Posted: 08 Aug 2021 02:03 PM PDT

A while ago the electric company sent a crew to take down a tree that was encroaching on a power line. Several days ago we noticed a bunch of wasps seem to have possibly taken up residence in the stump.
We had no wasps before the tree was removed.
IMG_20210808_092536.jpg

Out of date yeast

Posted: 08 Aug 2021 02:02 PM PDT

Hi, has anyone used out of date yeast?
I have 3 packs of Lallemand East Coast that expired in June. Seems a shame to chuck it. Obviously it's been kept in the fridge.

Recommendations for low ABV hoppy/IPA kit? - Hophead style

Posted: 08 Aug 2021 01:49 PM PDT

I'm a kit-only brewer, I've enjoyed plenty of 5/6%+ brews such as MJ's Red IPA and Youngs American IPA (delicious!); but really I'd prefer to have something with a fabulous bitter and hoppy flavour but below 4% ABV, like Dark Star's Hophead which at 3.8% is a perfect pint for my taste.

Are there any kits that you know of that will produce this result?, or should I be adding more water to a kit's recipe?, e.g. 25L instead of 23L total volume?

Many thanks

Beer in regulator

Posted: 08 Aug 2021 01:28 PM PDT

I think I might have got a bit of beer up in the regulator. I de-gassed the keg and it foamed up a bit and saw beer and foam come up the line as the regulator was set to a lower pressure (20psi in keg, regulator set to 12psi). School boy error I guess. Not 100% sure if the beer got as far as the regulator..it didn't shoot up the line under pressure, more driven by foam. I've removed the line and no sign of been in the regulator as far as I can see but can't be sure.

Shall I just crack on...

Beer in regulator

How long to leave in primary fermentation?

Posted: 08 Aug 2021 01:17 PM PDT

Hi all,

My first brew (Muntons West Coast IPA) is in its primary fermentation stage. Thanks to my lack of planning (!) I have a few trips coming up around the 14 day mark (when the kit instructions says to move to secondary fermentation). I've outlined a timeline below:

21/07 - Started brewing
31/07 - Will add hops (as per kit instructions)
03/08 - 7/08 - Trip away. During this trip is 4/08 = 14 days fermented
07/08 - 09/08...

How long to leave in primary fermentation?

Hop plants/rhizomes - growing report

Posted: 08 Aug 2021 01:14 PM PDT

Hey there folks.
I just started my first grow of the plants i purchased from essentially hops. At the start i have to mention that i am really pleased with the grow. The plants arrived wrapped in separate packages surrounded by moss for keeping them moist. The plants were labeled and had a instructions included clearly saying what soil to use and etc.


The rhizomes were planted on the day they arrived...

Hop plants/rhizomes - growing report

PH Meter

Posted: 08 Aug 2021 12:02 PM PDT

Does anyone have one of these and did you get a faulty one? Ours will not turn on but we get a flashing error message. We have changed the batteries, made sure they're in the right way, and watched a YouTube video tutorial but still no luck. Looks like I'll have to return. So annoyed. That's ruined our brew day 😞

EEEE5BC0-8B21-4665-99D8-BAE8128DFBA4.jpeg

9075FD5D-6F15-47C2-B26F-5886B2A82149.jpeg

My Brewdays

Posted: 08 Aug 2021 11:56 AM PDT

Thought I'd keep all my brewdays on one thread from now on

Purchased a Sierra Nevada Pale Ale Clone from The Malt Miller. First brew using my SS Brewbucket, thought I'd chuck a kit onto the order too. Service from TMM was excellent

Brewed this on 23rd Jan.

5.45kg lager malt
450g pale crystal malt.

30g Northern brewer @60m
30g Cascade @ 30m
Protofloc@15m
70g Cascade @ 0m

1/2 Camden, 1tsp gypsum & 25ml CRS added to mash water.

5ml CRS added to sparge water (7l)

Heated up 27l of water in...

My Brewdays

Completed AG Recipe Kits-GEB/MM

Posted: 08 Aug 2021 11:54 AM PDT

Been a bit slack with posting up my brew day activity etc since I became more active on the forum. So here's a couple of posts on Ag brew kits from Get Er Brewed which have served me pretty well. As a new AG brewer I leaned towards these kits as it takes away a bit of stress regarding recipe creation enabling you to concentrate on your methods/processes whilst getting to know your equipment...
Maybe others can recommend or give feedback on these type of kits. As I've found them to be pretty...

Completed AG Recipe Kits-GEB/MM

0 comments:

Post a Comment


[Get] Deals On Wine Products. RSS Feeds Page #1




How To Make Wine YouTube Videos And Home Brewing Products




YouTube Channels / Beer Magazines / Beer Podcasts / Beer Blogs With Rss Feeds !