Get In Touch With A Low Wage Teleporter



Tuesday, April 27, 2021

The HomeBrew Forum

The HomeBrew Forum


just what is the average amount of hops used to dry hop?

Posted: 27 Apr 2021 08:26 PM PDT

Without getting answers like its totally your choice how hoppy you like it I am just looking for the average amount of hops would you say would be added to dry hop 40 pint batches?
I do like my beers a bit hoppy and tangy. I only make extract beer and only dry hop.

RAFFLE #18 Grainfather Advanced Brewery Set Up

Posted: 27 Apr 2021 07:39 PM PDT

Hi guys!

I thought this might be an exciting one!

190 tickets at £10 each - The Grainfather advanced brewery setup. RRP £1900

Link to raffle ->

Comment below when done :)

PLEASE LEAVE USERNAME IN SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS!
1619511145548.png

Kegorator Capacity Question

Posted: 27 Apr 2021 06:07 PM PDT

I wondered if the taller larder type fridges will take four standard size corny kegs?
Thanks

FREE SHIPPING!

Posted: 27 Apr 2021 04:52 PM PDT

Hey guys,

If anyone wants any hops you can buy them from the website with free shipping if you add in the customer special instructions "FREEHOPSAPRIL" and select the collect from store option. This deal expires 1st may. Minimum spend £20.

This deal will only be applied if you only order hops or other light items such as dried yeast saches :) comment if you are unsure about anything else that may be included - I might be nice! Will be on a 48hr service instead of our usual dpd next day!

Irish Moss v Protofloc

Posted: 27 Apr 2021 04:32 PM PDT

My last few beers with protofloc did not clear to well. For a beer made yesterday I found an old jar of irish moss at least 10 years old. I added 5 gm for last 15 minutes of boil. When I skimmed the crud off the top tonight, the beer revealed was as clear as crystal, 31 hours after yeast pitch. I know they are the "same" but could one be better than the other ?

Directors - Quick question

Posted: 27 Apr 2021 04:18 PM PDT

Hi All

I don't want to mess up another brew so I have a quick question about the Directors kit I am working on.
The instructions tell me to siphon off the first fermentation into another FV along with the sugar for 3 days. I left in in the second FV for 5 days as I have been guilty of being impatient before. I have tested it and it's almost clear, nice taste and some carbonation.
The question is, now that I have siphoned this into my PB should I add any more sugar? Should I blast some Co2...

Directors - Quick question

Counter pressure filler plumbing

Posted: 27 Apr 2021 04:15 PM PDT

Evening,

I recently purchased a counter pressure filler and am wondering about the best way to hook it up. It has 6mm barb fittings. I could stick on tubing with jubilee clips, but it could be a pain to get the tubing off after each use. Additionally, it seems to require a connection to the gas bottle, which is tee'd off to the keg and bottle filler. I don't want to leave the filter attached the whole time, obviously, and I don't want to fight with the thing trying to disconnect it from the...

Counter pressure filler plumbing

Mangrove Jack Irish red ale help

Posted: 27 Apr 2021 03:34 PM PDT

Hi
im a newbie and just made my first kit, Mangrove Jack Irish red ale.
all went well with the brewing i followed instructions to the letter, info I've found suggest this should end up at around 4.4%
my starting gravity I would say was 1045 photo included, I used the calculator within this forum.
SG 1045
INSTRUCTIONS estimated FG 1018
CALCULATOR suggests that would give me 3.54%

am I making an error in my calculations.

many thanks in advance
563E3C24-B757-4C92-89F7-EA20C87E7E5F.png
[ATTACH...

Mangrove Jack Irish red ale help

All-day drinking beer kit?

Posted: 27 Apr 2021 02:56 PM PDT

Is there a kit which gives a beer under 3%?
Or, if I brewed a kit with twice the water would I get twice as much beer at half the stated ABV?
Or would the taste be weak as well?

Conversion rate and efficiency

Posted: 27 Apr 2021 02:37 PM PDT

I keep seeing these terms used.
I can't find a good explanation/how to guide either on line or in the couple of books I have.
Efficiency does not appear in the index of John Palmers book. Perhaps it comes up somewhere, if someone knows what page, that would be helpful.
Or if anyone has an article, post or video they could point to, thanks.

Tap tower

Posted: 27 Apr 2021 02:29 PM PDT

Anyone built something like this?
351EAA0E-E18C-4B90-9121-316E840401B0.png

keen to do one myself but I'm wanting 6 taps and don't wanna spend the money that the people who make them want to charge.

the pipe etc is easy enough. Just the correct threaded part into the tap I can't find

Excessive bottle carbonation - what am I doing wrong?

Posted: 27 Apr 2021 02:08 PM PDT

Hi everyone

I'm having issues with excessive carbonation in my bottle conditioned beer. No explosions (yet), but they are foaming up massively upon opening, huge jets shooting up from the bottle resulting in lots of mess and a minimal amount being left to drink. :(
It's a Black IPA. Brewfather batch info is here
I batch primed 5 litres into standard 500ml bottles directly from the FV with 31g of plain old white caster sugar. I got...

Excessive bottle carbonation - what am I doing wrong?

Overrated beers

Posted: 27 Apr 2021 01:47 PM PDT

I just wonder what beer styles or individual beers you find overrated.
Mine would be NEIPA's which I find cloudy and flat.

Kegerator for sale.

Posted: 27 Apr 2021 01:22 PM PDT

So I'm changing my layout which will see me require a keezer rather than my trusty kegerator.

based east Suffolk

no kegs included but all taps/drip trays/ connectors etc included.

as you can see it's a different orientation to most others as I made it to fit my space. So won't be for everyone but it's done me well.

£150 - collection only or would swap for a large chest freezer

752625CE-5CC4-42D6-9EB0-F17993E1AD04.jpeg
14D8EF24-3D45-4ED8-BD53-3F5A0C78EB05.jpeg

June Collaborative Group Buy with Crisp - NW & Midlands

Posted: 27 Apr 2021 01:17 PM PDT

Covid the jab and the final stage.

Posted: 27 Apr 2021 12:46 PM PDT

SWMBO is a front line worker (carer) she has had the first jab and is now tested twice a week she also has the lateral flow test with the results showing 30 minutes after the test whenever she goes to work on the other days, there are no cases of Covid where she works and there hasn't been for quite a while.

I am hoping as a front line worker my turn will come soon my age will also help, its not often i am glad i am an old fart. :laugh8:

Greg Hughes Altbier

Posted: 27 Apr 2021 12:34 PM PDT

Hi all,

Planning on brewing a Greg Hughes Altbier recipe this weekend. I have a question about the amount of hops used. He suggests using 100g Spalt select for the boil, then another 100g split at the end of the boil.

Question is 100g hops at the start of the boil seems a lot. I know it is to achieve the required ibus, but why use a low AA hop rather than a lot less of a higher AA hop? I assume it is to achieve the correct flavour as well, but wondered if anyone could educate me further...

Greg Hughes Altbier

0 comments:

Post a Comment


[Get] Deals On Wine Products. RSS Feeds Page #1




How To Make Wine YouTube Videos And Home Brewing Products




YouTube Channels / Beer Magazines / Beer Podcasts / Beer Blogs With Rss Feeds !