Get In Touch With A Low Wage Teleporter



Monday, May 24, 2021

The HomeBrew Forum

The HomeBrew Forum


High volume kit and power supplies (UK)

Posted: 24 May 2021 08:22 PM PDT

So the home brew consortium I'm a part of is looking to increase pridcuction volume and looking to get a 65ltr brewzilla which has a max electrical load of 3.5kw which will draw upto 15A so breaching the UK socket limit of 13A. What have people who've got similar systems with similar power requirements done to be able to run such systems off their domestic power supplies? Thanks

Buying a small-scale mashing system

Posted: 24 May 2021 08:02 PM PDT

Hi all.
After 8 years home-brewing I'm looking to get my first automated mash/sparge/boil kit. I've built up a nice collection of gear and bits over the years and it all works nicely but the time has come to invest in something fancy so I can get the precision to make the same beer every time.

I'm thinking about a 30-ish litre system and I'd rather spend more than less. I've read reviews where the bottom of the grain bucket falls out etc, and I'd rather keep using the simple stuff I can...

Buying a small-scale mashing system

How to keg

Posted: 24 May 2021 07:57 PM PDT

Hello you lovely bunch of people, just finished fermenting my 2nd brew a werry ale, my first was a lager which I bottled,
This time I'm keeping and bought a budget key with s30 adapter and a bottle.

My question is once I have transfered from fermenter to keg do I inject any gas straight into it or do I wait till its ready to drink before I inject gas into it.

Many thanks in advance

Toys.

Posted: 24 May 2021 07:51 PM PDT

They have been discussing clackers on 5 live tonight, what was your favourite toy or toys back in those days.


Shipyard Rye Pale Ale

Posted: 24 May 2021 06:46 PM PDT

As title suggests I'm brewing the Shipyard Rye Pale Ale which is version though still a bit higher in the ABV this time I have all 5 hops which I know as I got it direct from Maine themselves.
First proper brew in a while and already winging with water as I'm only back from work and it's going to be a while.
Water additions for now then get the grains sorted and hopefully water will be up to temp.
PXL_20210521_184520157.jpg
PXL_20210521_184529184.jpg

T-58 Yeast

Posted: 24 May 2021 04:12 PM PDT

I'm brewing a Belgian Blonde soon, I'll be using T-58 yeast. Up until recently, I chilled the wort to around 20C, shoved in a shower cubicle with a fairly stable 20-22c temp fluctuation and left until done, then cold crashed. I've recently got me some better temperature control and am wondering what sort of fermentation schedule people might use for this yeast? Cheers!

Starsan issue when kegging?

Posted: 24 May 2021 04:00 PM PDT

Hey!

I've kegged a cerveza after sanitising my corny with starsan solution. Unfortunately, after emptying I didn't rinse, and added my brew on top of the foam that was left..

I've force carbed, and the beer seems to be carbed up properly, but there's no head at all - is this an issue starsan causes?

5th batch on.

Posted: 24 May 2021 03:31 PM PDT

So started this journey at the end of Feb and enjoying it.
Yesterday was a busy day. Brew 4 was bottled and number 5 in the fermenter @ 18.5C.
To date.
Pilgrims hope. 40 pints
Cwtch 36 pints
MJ juicy session IPA 40 pints
MJ American pale ale 40 pints
Courage Director's.

So far PH has a very slight yeast finish.
Cwtch is very nice as is the MJ juicy IPA. Friends that have tried them have all been impressed so far.
The MJ APA bottling dregs tasted very nice so high hopes for that one...

5th batch on.

Bass brewery when proper beer was made.

Posted: 24 May 2021 03:02 PM PDT

Some snaps of Bass brewery of a bygone era.
Knock off time boys and men walking out not one uncovered head. Two pics of the coopers shop
001.JPG 002.JPG 003.JPG
A view of Bass brewery showing the water tower. A bottle delivery, notice Bass had already taken over Worthington. 10,000 Hogs Heads.
004.JPG 005.JPG 007.JPG
And finally the Burton Union system
008.JPG

Kit Pimping Shopping List.

Posted: 24 May 2021 02:59 PM PDT

So far I've only brewed from premium kits, Bulldog, Muntons etc. As I'm an incessant fiddler I'd like to take it a step further and start pimping some basic kits up, a lot like the Coopers ones in the pimping thread. I live on a remote(ish) Island so mail order is my only option. I would like to get a range of ingredients, grains, malts, hops etc all in one go to enable me to fiddle! What would be your "brew store cupboard list". I like fruity IPAs and Belgian Saison type ales mostly, quite...

Kit Pimping Shopping List.

Corbyn should be reinstated as Labour MP, says former shadow chancellor

Posted: 24 May 2021 02:42 PM PDT

I have said in the past i liked Jeremy unfortunately many in the party didn't do you think he should be reinstated would it do Kier the favours suggested?


"Keir, when he was elected leader, said he would unite the party and that's why he received such overwhelming support when he was elected leader.
"One step in demonstrating his uniting the party is to give Jeremy back the whip.
"I think it would be a really helpful act if Keir did that now."

Sir Keir Starmer should...

Corbyn should be reinstated as Labour MP, says former shadow chancellor

Some help with method on first AG brew

Posted: 24 May 2021 02:02 PM PDT

I have the Brewzilla system.

I sent for and received the Tasty Table Beer kit from The malt Miller.

I am having a little difficulty with the instructions. I haven't used the kit before, or done any AG brewing before and I am uncertain about some of the terminology/ instructions. I would appreciate any help.

I will attach a scanned copy of the method sheet, but I could do with understanding the following:

The batch size is 23L. How do I work out the quantity of the strike water.

The mash...

Some help with method on first AG brew

Crossmyloof hop extracts

Posted: 24 May 2021 01:54 PM PDT

Has anyone got experience of the Crossmyloof hop extracts? I was wondering what they are like, how to use and general thoughts to mix up pale ales and ipas to add variety.

R

Hop ideas

Posted: 24 May 2021 01:22 PM PDT

Hi all
I recently made a youngs NWS which went wrong before I added the hops. So I have 90g of hops and was looking for ideas as to what to use them on. I believe they are Pacific jade and motueka but not sure of the split.
Any suggestions welcome.

Cheers Dicko

0 comments:

Post a Comment


[Get] Deals On Wine Products. RSS Feeds Page #1




How To Make Wine YouTube Videos And Home Brewing Products




YouTube Channels / Beer Magazines / Beer Podcasts / Beer Blogs With Rss Feeds !