Get In Touch With A Low Wage Teleporter



Sunday, June 6, 2021

Aussie Home Brewer

Aussie Home Brewer


Water additions

Posted: 06 Jun 2021 04:23 AM PDT

Hey all,

About to dive into mineral additions to attempt to replicate a water profile.

Given the sydney water website locates your address and will then spit out details specifically for brewing, ive come up with the below beersmith calcs for a burton on trent water profile. Does the attached look about right?

As i'm a chemistry novice, will the additions correct the PH, as apprently BOT has a PH of 8, would you buffer this to 5.4 for mashing/sparging?

Buckwheat Groats versus Malted Buckwheat in gluten free beer

Posted: 05 Jun 2021 11:20 PM PDT

After suddenly becoming gluten intolerant this year, I'm looking at getting into gluten free home brewing as buying commercial made is expensive. I have some recipes I'm going to try out but am looking at Buckwheat as one of the grains I will use. I have a recipe that involves just using unmilled Buckwheat Groats (and toasted red lentils) in a bag in your brew kettle while you heat it up to 71 degrees then remove the bag.

I had another recipe that involved toasting the groats then...

Buckwheat Groats versus Malted Buckwheat in gluten free beer

4V Herms System With Pump, 75L Blichmann Boilermaker kettle but no mash tun

Posted: 05 Jun 2021 08:08 PM PDT

Hi all selling my lovely 4V system due to not brewing.

Consists of

75L Blichmann Boilermaker kettle. Cost nearly $800 on its own. Has one tiny dent on edge of base seen in photo from outside and also near brush tip on inside. This was from slip while cleaning. Otherwise is as new basically.

$400

70L Techni ice esky

SOLD

50L Birco urn as HLT with cam locks

$100

20L urn as Herms with copper coil with cam locks

$120

March pump in "enclosure" with cam locks

$50

Brew controller...

4V Herms System With Pump, 75L Blichmann Boilermaker kettle but no mash tun

Entire homebrew kit for sale

Posted: 05 Jun 2021 07:14 PM PDT

$1100 - Thornbury

Regretful sale, I have my first kid on the way and something's got to give... unfortunately for me it's going to be my homebrew set up. 😥

I'll be gruff just for a moment. As the sale hurts, and the price fair (at least I think it is!), the price isn't negotiable... So I'll ignore any questions about price. If it doesn't sell I'll lower the price in time. Also it's to be sold as the lot. I won't be breaking it apart.

This will suit anyone who'd like to try it all out...

Entire homebrew kit for sale

0 comments:

Post a Comment


[Get] Deals On Wine Products. RSS Feeds Page #1




How To Make Wine YouTube Videos And Home Brewing Products




YouTube Channels / Beer Magazines / Beer Podcasts / Beer Blogs With Rss Feeds !