Get In Touch With A Low Wage Teleporter



Sunday, June 6, 2021

The HomeBrew Forum

The HomeBrew Forum


Old Photos.

Posted: 06 Jun 2021 04:16 PM PDT

I saw this on twitter earlier.

Show us in pictures the memories from your childhood.

I will kick it off with -

Washing the steps.

I remember the house wives (it was ok to call them that back then) washing the steps in our street then rubbing the front edge with what i believe was a donkey stone to make it bright white you can still see the steps today with the warn edge on the old streets here.

1622127242754.png
[ATTACH type="full"...

Old Photos.

New Limited Edition Kit Giveaway! From Love Brewing!!!

Posted: 06 Jun 2021 04:00 PM PDT

1613061344778.png
LOVEBREWING PRESENTS
-
PICK YOUR KIT GIVEAWAY

The lucky winner will be able to choose a kit from these 3 new Kits.


goose   Love Brewing.png


American Goose...

New Limited Edition Kit Giveaway! From Love Brewing!!!

Another Kegerator build

Posted: 06 Jun 2021 03:43 PM PDT

Not terribly original but I'm going to be starting my kegerator build this weekend and have a few questions that I've not found answers to in searches - well one really at the moment. I'm not an engineering expert and already realising my fridge isn't ideal as a kegerator - but I have it now and am going to make the best of it. The fridge has a freezer section on top as I was looking for dedicated hop storage space, this does mean the taps and handles need to be low enough not to project up...

Another Kegerator build

British Normandy Memorial unveiled

Posted: 06 Jun 2021 03:42 PM PDT

British Normandy Memorial unveiled in France to honour veterans

1622982060568.png




A memorial honouring soldiers who died under British command on D-Day and in the fighting that followed has been unveiled in France on the 77th anniversary of the Normandy landings.

The British Normandy Memorial records the names of the 22,442 people who were killed on D-Day and at the Battle of Normandy.

It cost £30m and was designed...

British Normandy Memorial unveiled

Beer and football

Posted: 06 Jun 2021 03:18 PM PDT

I have my first homebrew (wilko stout) due to be drinkable on the opening day of the Euros. I think I might wait for my IPA to be ready instead as stout feels like more of a winter beer!?

Is anyone else planning to drink their homebrew and watch the football?

Pavalijo’s Brewdays

Posted: 06 Jun 2021 03:17 PM PDT

So here goes with AG01 after 11 kits over the past 12 months.

I gained courage having read the @clibit thread. Having read it from start to finish I decided to follow his Citra Pale Ale recipe rather than the simple smash.
His recipe was for a 10L batch which I upped to 15L batch and is:
Marris Otter 2.250kg (83.33%)
Caramalt. 0.150kg (5.56%)
Wheat malt. 0.150kg (5.56%)
Dextrose. 0.150kg (5.56%)
Mash at 66*C 60 minutes.
Hops:
7.5g Columbus leaf (17.1%AA) @ 60...

Pavalijo's Brewdays

matt76's Brewdays

Posted: 06 Jun 2021 03:06 PM PDT

Just like the other cool kids, time to move away from individual posts and collate everything from now on into a single thread.....

AG#15 "Podium" Late Hopped IPA ('cos there are 3 kinds of hops, innit)

This is actually a rebrew of my AG#5, probably still my personal favourite brew to date - but there are a few tweaks, oh, and some stuff to make it way more complicated than it needed to be - why can't I just keep things simple! :mad:
  • I had my first go at water...

matt76's Brewdays

Fridge

Posted: 06 Jun 2021 02:33 PM PDT

Thinking of getting one of these, Buy ESSENTIALS CTL55W20 Tall Fridge - White | Free Delivery | Currys has anybody got one, if so can you get 2 cornys in and a fv

Bung for Boot’s pressure barrel

Posted: 06 Jun 2021 01:53 PM PDT

The bung in the lid of my trusty Boot's pressure barrel (where the S30 valve would go) is cracking (see attached picture) and no longer holds a seal. Does anyone know where I can buy a replacement? HB suppliers that I have checked under barrel spares don't have anything like this. If not, I'll just get an S30 valve. Thanks in advance.

F7D7E849-44B7-4901-85E8-5B36FD75040E.jpeg

How many litres of home brew have you made 2021.

Posted: 06 Jun 2021 01:20 PM PDT

Last years record has been smashed was Covid part of the reason, did you make more in 2020 than you would have had covid not happened?

2020 total - 33156

2019 total - 22,170

2018 total - 15337

Hi from Bedford

Posted: 06 Jun 2021 01:09 PM PDT

Hi, thanks for having me as a member.
I'm returning to home brew after a 10 year break (from brewing, not beer).
Things have certainly changed. The girl in Boots thought I was mad.
Anyway, I've started off with a Wilko Thirsty Devil Red Ale kit, a Geordie lager kit 5 years out of date (new yeast though), and 10L of turbo cider following the recipe on here. What could possibly go wrong?
My other project this week is restoring a 1977 Black and Decker Workmate that someone left out for the...

Hi from Bedford

Wineworks superior Chardonnay

Posted: 06 Jun 2021 12:28 PM PDT

Made this short to 22ltrs. As pre normal instructions are simple and easy to read.

finished gravity wasn't far off what should be- although I'm getting feedback it's stronger than was expected.

Only bottled 3 weeks ago but have to say this has went down a treat with the hot weather. Full of body and colour, lovely flavour. Now:
So I compared it to a Wolfe bass Chardonnay from Tesco £8.80 a bottle and have to say wineworks is 100 times better. I feel like I have just thrown away £8.80...

Wineworks superior Chardonnay

Fermenter to keg transfer.

Posted: 06 Jun 2021 12:18 PM PDT

Two years kegging and tonight I decided I would try using the beer in port and wow how easy it is.

Equipment : Syphon hose, beer in post connection with barb and a corny keg.

Simply setup transfer as normal but rather than place the tube directly into the fermenter connect start the syphon with beer in the line then kink to stop the flow momentarily whilst you connect the hose end to the barb connection and its done.
Simples as the only thing left is to wait until keg has filled leaving...

Fermenter to keg transfer.

Hop plants/rhizomes - growing report

Posted: 06 Jun 2021 12:15 PM PDT

Hey there folks.
I just started my first grow of the plants i purchased from essentially hops. At the start i have to mention that i am really pleased with the grow. The plants arrived wrapped in separate packages surrounded by moss for keeping them moist. The plants were labeled and had a instructions included clearly saying what soil to use and etc.


The rhizomes were planted on the day they arrived...

Hop plants/rhizomes - growing report

Supermarket Juice Wine How To guide and Recipes.

Posted: 06 Jun 2021 12:09 PM PDT

Supermarket Juice Wine how to guide plus Recipes.


Edited 29/9/2020 -
Its generally agreed Orange Wine isn't very nice and few make it a second time the good news is the method used in the videos below is the same for all supermarket juice so if you are not keen on the sound of orange wine read on -



Some members are finding their supermarkets are not stocking White grape juice but have Red grape juice, Red grape juice goes well with apple, cranberry, pomegranate or raspberry...

Supermarket Juice Wine How To guide and Recipes.

0 comments:

Post a Comment


[Get] Deals On Wine Products. RSS Feeds Page #1




How To Make Wine YouTube Videos And Home Brewing Products




YouTube Channels / Beer Magazines / Beer Podcasts / Beer Blogs With Rss Feeds !