Get In Touch With A Low Wage Teleporter



Tuesday, August 10, 2021

The HomeBrew Forum

The HomeBrew Forum


Should I bottle this now, or wait?

Posted: 10 Aug 2021 04:04 PM PDT

This is my attempt at a kolsch. I have three demi-johns like this. The yeast was pitched on the 28th, so that's a fortnight tomorrow. Most brews I would have bottled long since, but thus far I've thought it better to leave this one. The appearance is a little misleading, although there are some bubbles on the top, there really isn't a lot happening, it tastes quite 'flat', and the gravity is 1009 and has been so for some days now. One reason I've delayed is that I hoped it would clear a...

Should I bottle this now, or wait?

Keg dispense setup

Posted: 10 Aug 2021 03:59 PM PDT

Hi can someone suggest the best/most cost effective way of setting up a dual corny keg system...or if there is a thread out there then chuck me in that direction? athumb..

Odd smell - oatmeal stout

Posted: 10 Aug 2021 02:52 PM PDT

I brewed an oatmeal stout on the 15/7, bottled on the 31/7, so still a young beer. 7 days fermenting I took a reading and noticed an odd smell. Beer tasted ok. When bottling it still had the smell, and again tasted fine. I've just tried a bottle to see how it's progressing and it still has this odd smell. The beer still tastes fine, tho obviously needs longer in the bottle. I used tap water that was treated with a campden tablet overnight (as per a previous brew with no smell issues) and the...

Odd smell - oatmeal stout

Lalbrew London..again

Posted: 10 Aug 2021 02:50 PM PDT

Hello all
I've got a Fivepoints bitter clone lined up and was planning on using the above mentioned yeast. Mash temp for recipe is 67c but I'm wondering, with that temp there'll be more unfermentable sugars and combined with the London attenuation, typical fg 1.020,what that will result in? Should I adjust the mash temp or change yeast or just go with it?

Stainless carbonation caps

Posted: 10 Aug 2021 02:50 PM PDT

Hi folks,
Continuing the clear out of stuff I don't use I have 4 stainless carbonation caps.

I use the plastic ones all the time, I must have about 20!!

They work for gas and liquid disconnects.

There are two different styles as you'll see from the pics. They seal fine, but the ones without the o-ring really do need some ptfe tape.

£20 and I'll post to uk mainland.

Worthwhile visit to my local brewery this afternoon

Posted: 10 Aug 2021 01:54 PM PDT

It's only a small concern, their website only mentions 'opening times', so I assumed there'd be a shop of some sort...

I poked my head round an open door. Piles of 25 kg malt of all types on the floor, large fermentors, piping... There was a guy there. I said, can you sell me some beer? Aye, ask in the office.

Anyway I walked away with an assortment of beers, principally the Pudding Shop Milk Stout, which I know is very nice. For twenty quid. I was pleased to see that most of their beers...

Worthwhile visit to my local brewery this afternoon

Favourite can kits?

Posted: 10 Aug 2021 01:48 PM PDT

Which can kits would you recommend for various types of beer, and what modifications have you made to improve them?

I'm a golden ale, lager, stout, cider and wine drinker and have been particularly happy with the Cooper's beers and Ritchie's cider brand kits I have made, and look forward to making a Cantina red and Cellar7 white after good reviews . I'm no artisan, but a good solid generic beer is what I like, and would definitely pay a few quid more if I knew I'd get something with an...

Favourite can kits?

Berries in turbo

Posted: 10 Aug 2021 01:34 PM PDT

Does anyone have a guide to calculate how much sugar I have added by putting summer fruits into the FV?

Our freezer packed in, so I put 500g of black forest fruits
400g blueberries
500g strawberries
The OG 1043 so I was expecting a 4% ish easy drinker, but it's come out at 5.9% and doesn't taste strong, after reading here about back sweetening and long conditioning I can't believe how well this has turned out, first day in the keg, first go at turbo and this must be beginners luck!

foxbat's brewdays

Posted: 10 Aug 2021 01:04 PM PDT

I thought I might as well join the fun and post my own brewday log here in the forum. Today is an experimental bitter with the following recipe. I've never used Northdown before but Fullers use it and I very much enjoy a pint of Pride. I've also never added Chocolate malt to a bitter before but it's there in one of my favourite bitters of late: Darkstar Partridge so I'm putting the two together and doing this today:

85% Pale Malt
10% Munich Malt
3% Crystal 240 EBC
2% Low colour chocolate...

foxbat's brewdays

Accidently "found" Woodefords today.

Posted: 10 Aug 2021 12:56 PM PDT

Out and about on work related activities and some 150miles from home I spied the signs for this place just 4 miles from where I was...Needless to say i had to pop in to the shop.

Throwing caution to the wind with....

Posted: 10 Aug 2021 12:34 PM PDT

An experimental Mango IPA type..

So today Im throwing all caution to the wind and going totally experimental with a small 1 gallon ish tester batch of mango beer. Im using cascade & Chinook as that's what ive got. The grain bill consists of 1050gr MO & 55gr of dark crystal as I want to use it up. The plan is to chuck 300gr of fresh mango pulp in on day 5.

Should I dry hop?

Mash - 60

Boil is 60mins - 60min - Chinook 7gr - 15min - Chinook 4gr - 0min - cascade 12gr

Yeast will be Notts ale...

Throwing caution to the wind with....

Nicks90's Brewdays

Posted: 10 Aug 2021 12:31 PM PDT

Far too many of my brew posts now - so time to consolidate them all in to one thread!

AG#1 - Best Bitter

Boil Time: 30 min
Batch Size: 16 liters
Boil Size: 19 liters


FERMENTABLES:
3 kg - Maris Otter Pale (93%)
0.2 kg - Crystal 60L (4.7%)
0.1 kg - Crystal 140L (2.3%)

HOPS:
20 g - Challenger, 30 min,
10 g - East Kent Goldings, 5 min,
10 g - Fuggles, 0 min,

Ended up with OG of 1.058 so diluted with 2l to bring it down to 1.048 and ABV of 4.8%

bloody marvelous pint. Maybe a...

Nicks90's Brewdays

Lisa and Jim’s Brewday Part 1 - 7/8/21

Posted: 10 Aug 2021 11:57 AM PDT

After a disappointment as our new PH meter didn't work, we decided to carry on without it.

First off we connected the kitchen telly to the laptop, so we could see Brewfather instructions clearly.

B035F2A6-6BE5-40EF-BFBF-9CC335ACE7BE.png


Filling the Brewzilla with the mash water

85949553-4873-4A1A-B4E4-14F5BAA38B5D.jpeg


Organising the water salts (made a right mess!)

[ATTACH type="full"...

Lisa and Jim's Brewday Part 1 - 7/8/21

0 comments:

Post a Comment


[Get] Deals On Wine Products. RSS Feeds Page #1




How To Make Wine YouTube Videos And Home Brewing Products




YouTube Channels / Beer Magazines / Beer Podcasts / Beer Blogs With Rss Feeds !