Get In Touch With A Low Wage Teleporter



Thursday, April 22, 2021

The HomeBrew Forum

The HomeBrew Forum


What have you been smoking on bbq?

Posted: 22 Apr 2021 08:30 PM PDT

Last thing I did was hickory smoked chicken drumsticks:

20190707_190743.jpg

Post you efforts here?

What kit beer are you drinking tonight?

Posted: 22 Apr 2021 08:26 PM PDT

As the title says - What are you drinking tonight?

New keg system

Posted: 22 Apr 2021 08:11 PM PDT

I just got delivery of a kegging starter system from the malt miller and looking at it, I have to connect the gas a beer push on connectors to the piping it looks like a threaded fitting, do I need to use the white threadseal on the threads or will it seal just by tightening the nut
20210422_175206.jpg
20210422_155938.jpg

Hello from New Zealand

Posted: 22 Apr 2021 08:06 PM PDT

Hi a Brit down here, all grain brewing since Oct 2017. Just got a beer engine after much searching and enjoying the real ale I've missed.
No travel back to UK in last year due to that damm Covid.
Wanting to make a pint of Harveys best but tricky to get the yeast here.

Can a forced carbonated lager be cold conditioned?

Posted: 22 Apr 2021 08:01 PM PDT

So this weekend is going to be a super big bottle day. The kit IPA and kit cider are going to be portioned into bottles and bottle conditioned. The two other beers, a Bohemian Pilsner and Festbier. are going to be taken off their yeast into kegs for what I hope to be a longer period of lagering.

Here's the bit I'm a wee bit stuck with, I would like to send in a couple of beers for this month's competition, but would prefer to have the rest of the beer lager for longer. I could keg and force...

Can a forced carbonated lager be cold conditioned?

flow control tap for mini keg

Posted: 22 Apr 2021 07:41 PM PDT

Ok, so I have persevered with this flow control tap unit, but it seems whatever pressure I have and whatever I set the flow control to, all I get is a glass of foam. I am suspecting the flow control part is causing too much turbulence.
image1.jpeg

The only other idea I had was maybe the dip tube setup I have - I use rigid 3/8 beer line on the spear and am wondering if gas is getting in via the thread on the bottom of the spear unit and kind of pre-foaming the beer...

flow control tap for mini keg

Scottish Water / Campden Tablets

Posted: 22 Apr 2021 07:37 PM PDT

Im new to brewing and ive done as much research as i can so far, with reading books, watching youtube, and googling. Ive bought all the equipment and ingredients i need for one gallon batches (4.5L), and i was planning on brewing in the next few weeks. Then i read about water...

I didn't realise how complicated it was. Im already confused with the forum post on water, about chlorine, ph levels, etc. And im terrible at mathematics and calculations!

Does anyone know if i can use Glasgow tap...

Scottish Water / Campden Tablets

Refractometer

Posted: 22 Apr 2021 07:31 PM PDT

I saw an advert for a refractometer. I have one for Brix, but I was wondering if they were accurate enough for beer wort. Does anybody use them?

Rehydrating Dry Yeast.

Posted: 22 Apr 2021 04:26 PM PDT

If you have never tried this give it a go you'll be surprised what a difference it makes.
(not to be confused with making a yeast starter)

In the video he suggests using water at 105F (40C) i was a bit wary of such a high temperature so made mine to 25c and it worked.



New kegging setup

Posted: 22 Apr 2021 03:32 PM PDT

I just got delivery of a starter keg system from the malt miller and have to connect the grey and black push on connectors to the gas and beer tubing, do the threaded parts screw on and seal ok without threadseal

The difference between live and dry yeast.

Posted: 22 Apr 2021 03:23 PM PDT

People using live yeast. What would be the main reasons for using live over dry and does it make a huge difference?

Supermarket Juice Wine How To guide and Recipes.

Posted: 22 Apr 2021 03:22 PM PDT

Supermarket Juice Wine how to guide plus Recipes.


Edited 29/9/2020 -
Its generally agreed Orange Wine isn't very nice and few make it a second time the good news is the method used in the videos below is the same for all supermarket juice so if you are not keen on the sound of orange wine read on -



Some members are finding their supermarkets are not stocking White grape juice but have Red grape juice, Red grape juice goes well with apple, cranberry, pomegranate or raspberry...

Supermarket Juice Wine How To guide and Recipes.

How to make Turbo Cider.

Posted: 22 Apr 2021 03:10 PM PDT

Afternoon all,

Negligent of me not to have put this up before now, but here's my take on a straightforward 25L Apple Turbo Cider...

Give me a shout if I'm missed any bits out or if anything isn't clear, I knocked it up quite quickly !

It doesn't paste that well into the new thread window, but there is a Word version of the below on OneDrive using the link below
https://1drv.ms/w/s!AqD9OOcGhwessDgrtHSnwAxFhhpY



Recipe for 25L Classic Apple TC (5.35% abv)

These are not...

How to make Turbo Cider.

Oxi Cleaners - Can they be used for sanitising too?

Posted: 22 Apr 2021 02:50 PM PDT

A question I've been pondering for a while which this other thread has galvanised me into asking. Please read the blog / article I cite below before responding so that you can see the source of my query.

I have been using Harris SureSan since I started brewing about 18 months ago. It's all I use and I've been using it as described without any infection (as far as I know) It does appear to have the same...

Oxi Cleaners - Can they be used for sanitising too?

Is Hopcat legit?

Posted: 22 Apr 2021 02:40 PM PDT

Hello!
I'm thinking of getting a Hopcat MK2 but considering the low price of it, the accessories included in the price and the fact that I haven't see a lot of reveiws of it I'm starting to question wether the buissness is legit or not. Do you guys have any experience with the Hopcat? Is it a good system and can you be sure to get the brewing system after placing an order? It would be quite ***** to order something for 400 pounds plus shipping to my country and then recieve a bad/non...

Is Hopcat legit?

What did you do today?

Posted: 22 Apr 2021 02:34 PM PDT

Well today I went at my taps and keggerator with Ernest pulling them apart as they have been out of use for a few months.
Dismantled both taps to clean in a mixture of fairy and oxi and the amount of gunk wet and dried that came off was disgusting and didn't even take a picture but take my word.
Anyway cleaned and sanitised as is the keggerator and a full keg of Pale Ale I brewed in October which I sampled last night and will murder after I've transferred a lager to keg and start cold...

What did you do today?

0 comments:

Post a Comment


[Get] Deals On Wine Products. RSS Feeds Page #1




How To Make Wine YouTube Videos And Home Brewing Products




YouTube Channels / Beer Magazines / Beer Podcasts / Beer Blogs With Rss Feeds !