Get In Touch With A Low Wage Teleporter



Tuesday, July 20, 2021

Aussie Home Brewer

Aussie Home Brewer


Mimosa brut IPA questions

Posted: 20 Jul 2021 04:42 AM PDT

I've been brewing almost exclusively IPAs since I started back last October, as a lockdown hobby. All grain, using a Grainfather 30L and matching SS conical. So far, I'm very happy with the results, but I feel the need to be a little bit more adventurous. I do love me some hazy, juicy IPA, though, so... baby steps.
I don't know if any of you caught it, but Dainton put out a Mimosa one-off brew last year. It was shockingly close to the flavour of an actual mimosa, but clearly still a beer. My...

Mimosa brut IPA questions

Another Inkbird Temp controller ITC-308 wifi Giveaway +Brewing Heat pads

Posted: 20 Jul 2021 04:32 AM PDT

Hi, all friends, continue to my last message, because the last giveway activity, there are so many people participated in, sincerely thanks for that, this time I will choose one person sent ITC-308 wifi, another person sent brewing heat pad.
The heat pad is as the following.
It is in this listing Inkbird Temp control+ Heating Pad Warm Hydroponic Heat Mat...

Another Inkbird Temp controller ITC-308 wifi Giveaway +Brewing Heat pads

Oxygen free dry hopping - how to remove?

Posted: 20 Jul 2021 12:43 AM PDT

Hi there everyone,

I'm hoping for some help on a method to dry-hop oxygen free, INCLUDING removing each dry hop addition after a certain number of days.

I'm planning to brew a NEIPA and really want to nail it in terms of minimising oxygen exposure. I've already figured out a home-spun way to transfer from my bucket fermenter to a purged keg through a gravity+cO2 assisted closed transfer (at a super super low psi), but I haven't figured out the logistics of my dry-hopping, primarily...

Oxygen free dry hopping - how to remove?

Pilsner yeast

Posted: 20 Jul 2021 12:06 AM PDT

Hi everybody!!

I've been just using 34/70 for years and years and have actually never tried anything else.. I used to be happy with it but the past year or so I've gotten a minute weird almost off taste I think is me disliking that particular strain so have just bought a couple liquid types (WLP850 Copenhagen lager and WLP833 German Bock)


My question is, are these clean lager yeast really that different? What are your experiences?

RIP Broken Shackles Lager?

Posted: 19 Jul 2021 10:06 PM PDT

Temporarily unable to brew, I browsed at First Choice. By the door they had a display, a close-out offer of Broken Shackles at "half price," $20 for what looked like a slab, 24 x 330. I avoid beers advertised as refreshing, which generally means they're wet and drinkable at Arctic temperatures, . I didn't bite on this one either and still haven't tried it. But take the tip if you wish and let me know what you think of BS.

It's a trait of the big that when they buy or develop a "craft" line...

RIP Broken Shackles Lager?

4V Herms System With Pump, 75L Blichmann Boilermaker kettle but no mash tun

Posted: 19 Jul 2021 08:47 PM PDT

Hi all selling my lovely 4V system due to not brewing.

Consists of

75L Blichmann Boilermaker kettle. Cost nearly $800 on its own. Has one tiny dent on edge of base seen in photo from outside and also near brush tip on inside. This was from slip while cleaning. Otherwise is as new basically.

$400

70L Techni ice esky

SOLD

50L Birco urn as HLT with cam locks

$100

20L urn as Herms with copper coil with cam locks

$120

March pump in "enclosure" with cam locks

$50

Brew controller...

4V Herms System With Pump, 75L Blichmann Boilermaker kettle but no mash tun

Transfer from SS brew bucket to keg with liquid QD - fittings?

Posted: 19 Jul 2021 08:23 PM PDT

Just picked up one of the SS brew buckets and want to transfer the beer into a C02 purged keg via the keg's liquid out post.

Pretty sure people do this, but as the brew bucket barb is 8mm how do people connect this up to a liquid QD for a keg transfer?

thanks.

0 comments:

Post a Comment


[Get] Deals On Wine Products. RSS Feeds Page #1




How To Make Wine YouTube Videos And Home Brewing Products




YouTube Channels / Beer Magazines / Beer Podcasts / Beer Blogs With Rss Feeds !